Nintendo Switch Version Only Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Ewan Lamont, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Any bugs issues or suggestions that relate to this platform only.
    Amaan Shawkath, Oscar and morjax like this.
  2. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    I'm loving that the Nintendo vesion is bug free:)
  3. Trapsinger Brigadier

Message Count:
    Still willing to test on the Switch if you send me one for Christmas...until then, I have no idea if it has any bugs.

Happy Holidays! :p
  4. Jesse Shaffer Major

Message Count:
    I've been playing Mordhiem on the Switch since Tuesday and I've identified some issues worthy of your attention.

Firstly, it would be really great if we didn't need a WiFi connection to play the game. A huge part of the appeal of the Switch is the ability to use it on the go so not being able to do that on our terms hurts pretty bad.

The second issue is actually a deal breaker for many of the people I've talked to about it and the primary complaint of the platform's only critical review. The trouble with the Switch port is that you are essentially asking your customers to pay a premium price for a freemium grind.

I have three suggestions on how to fix it:
    1. For starters, bring a modified version of Fate to the Switch that's tied to individual warbands rather than customer accounts and make it something players earn with every victory rather than buy. To differentiate the two implementations, I'll refer to it here as Favor. Thematically, it would fit perfectly as the player would be currying favor with the gods on the battlefield and beseeching the divine for a boon in the temple. I don't see why you couldn't even keep Favor prices identical to Fate. This would have the added benefit of allowing significantly greater parity between Switch and other platforms. I want my assasin's masks and thunder hats darn it! :D
    2. The gold price of hired swords makes perfect sense for iOS and Android because it incentivizes people to purchase them with Fate. But on the Switch...there's no Fate. Without Fate, the cost of hired swords is astronomically higher than it should be. If you implement Favor, however, you could keep the gold prices of hired swords exactly where they are--especially if players could use a combination of gold and Favor to purchase them.
    3. Lastly, the XP curve needs to be flattened to be more like the tabletop game. For a premium product, there is waaaaaay too much of a grind–especially once you add into the mix debilitating injuries that don't heal and permadeath. Our warriors will never grow up! :(
    You really have made a fantastic game. It's latest platform just requires a tiny bit more love and attention for it to be all that it can be.:Skaven:
  5. Oscar Junior Programmer

Message Count:
    You can kind of play offline on the Switch as the only time a connection is needed is to get past the initial login screen. From there the game should play exactly as if you were playing the mobile version offline - just don't completely close the game or you will need the internet connection to log back in again! Sounds strange, but it was a requirement if we wanted the online in the Switch version.

Thanks for the additional feedback - we have made some changes which should come in a future update that should address these issues.
  6. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    We will be adding some new features to the switch version soon and Witch Hunters will be launched on the 28th as soon as the current sale is over.

If anyone has played the game and likes it please leave a favourable review on https://www.nintendolife.com/
    Jesse Shaffer likes this.
  7. fishwolf2215 Private

Message Count:
    Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, I'm not quite sure where to put it, but I only discovered this game existed the other day. The mobile version seems quite interesting from what I've played (I love the graphics!), and I saw that there was a version available for the Nintendo Switch. I was going to buy it, but there's something I wanted to know, and I can't find information anywhere about it (and also something I wanted to ask seeing it posted here):

Do you need a Nintendo Online subscription to play the game (or even get it started up to kinda play offline in the way described above)? I wouldn't want to buy the game only to find I can't play it because I'd need a Nintendo Online subscription to do so. The page on the Switch says you need an internet connection, but nothing specifically about if you need Nintendo Online.

"You can kind of play offline on the Switch as the only time a connection is needed is to get past the initial login screen" Would this mean you'd only need to log in whenever you start up the game on your Switch? (so if you loaded up the game, logged in, then turned off the wi-fi on your Switch without closing the game and went back to playing, you could play offline?)

Also, is there a way to play the game completely offline/without an internet connection/without needing to log in on the Nintendo Switch version after you've purchased it? (asking as this is the sort of game I'd love to be able to play at any time, and I couldn't do that if I needed an internet connection. For example, if I was taking a plane to go abroad on holiday and wanted to load the game up in the middle of the flight, but wouldn't be able to do so due to no internet connection, so no logging in and therefore not being able to play the game. Not every plane has wi-fi after all)

If not, then may I suggest the game be playable offline on the Nintendo Switch? I'll buy the game in a heartbeat if this was possible!

Again, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, this thread is related to the Nintendo Switch only, and I had a bunch of Switch-related questions.
    Oscar likes this.
  8. Oscar Junior Programmer

Message Count:
    Hiya, this is the right place to ask questions about the Switch version of Mordheim :).
    You do not need a Nintendo online subscription to play the Switch version of Mordheim (just a Nintendo account, but they are free to create)
    Yes this is how you can play offline using the Switch version. As long as you do not completely exit the game you are able to continue where you left off even without an internet connection
    Unfortunately there is no way to play completely offline - you have to have an internet connection to get past the first login screen so in the scenario you mentioned above you would be unable to play :(. We would love to allow the game to be played completely offline on the Switch but to have any online at all we are required by Nintendo to make you login to play the game.

Hope that answers your questions - feel free to ask anymore if you'd like further information
  9. fishwolf2215 Private

Message Count:
    Thanks for answering all my questions, I appreciate the response! My main concern was about the Nintendo Switch Online subscription thing, good to know it doesn't need one.

Fair enough about the needing some kind of login to even have online play available in your game. It'd be nice if there was a way to play it offline without needing to log in (I'd wonder about some kind of offline mode/version of the game to be available on the Switch store, I'd pay more for that version if such a thing was available, although I'd be aware it probably couldn't use other people's warbands for AI players), but yeah, if that's the way it's got to be done to have a form of online mode for the Switch, then fair enough.

Thanks again for answering :)
  10. Jesse Shaffer Major

Message Count:
    Honestly, that can’t possibly be correct. There are countless games available for the Nintendo Switch that have both offline and online modes. Somewhere along the chain of communication, someone was given bad information. If they weren’t, then this is a restriction that applies only to Legendary Games.

Maybe online components are supposed to run as a separate process? I don’t know since I haven’t downloaded the NDI but I have played approximately 30 Switch games with well developed online and offline play and am aware of many more. Of them, this is the only game I know of with this problem. Every one of your competitors has solved this problem and I’m certain that you guys can too.
  11. Jesse Shaffer Major

Message Count:
    Also, Witch Hunters aren’t listed under “Downloadable Content” on the game’s US eShop page. You only have a link there to the Undead. 740AE1DF-2252-4715-BC50-EE1AD2E9ED52.jpeg
  12. Prabdeep Bazaz Social Media Manager

Message Count:

Witch Hunters have just gone live today!
  13. Jesse Shaffer Major

Message Count:
    The listening is still screwed up. They’re still searchable by typing “mordheim” but they’re not available in the DLC section of the game’s main page which is how nearly everyone buys DLC’s on the Switch. They won’t sell until it’s fixed. 0ED2E1CF-21F3-4992-8CCB-459DD65B3D90.jpeg CF634C9A-3186-454D-98DA-9BF45E59C16E.jpeg
  14. Oscar Junior Programmer

Message Count:
    Thanks for pointing this out, however I just checked my Switch and both DLC warbands are listed in the Downloadable Content section so it seems that the issue has resolved itself (or its an issue specifically with the American EShop)
  15. Jesse Shaffer Major

Message Count:
    Unfortunately, the problem still persists in the American eShop.
  16. Jesse Shaffer Major

Message Count:
    Americans probably shouldn’t buy it until this is fixed because it probably won’t work for us. As you can see, the Witch Hunter DLC’s main page has no link to compatible software meaning it likely won’t download as a DLC but rather as a main game which won’t run on its own.

64840E62-FDD4-4B66-9869-5291D4E7FC93.jpeg 0F4F9E57-0389-4A13-8E7F-36743D151D36.jpeg

Attached Files:

17. Jesse Shaffer Major

Message Count:
    Grinding for 30+ battles just to earn enough gold to buy a hired sword that dies in less than that really hurts. Is the aforementioned update still coming?
  18. Oscar Junior Programmer

Message Count:
    Yes it is still coming :)
  19. Prabdeep Bazaz Social Media Manager

Message Count:
    Are you still seeing this problem? I've tried it on our end and looked into the US game page settings and couldn't find an issue?
  20. Jesse Shaffer Major

Message Count:
    Unfortunately, it is still a problem. As you can see from the included photo, the only DLC listed on the game’s main page is Undead. My Nintendo Switch has not been hacked or modified in any way. I’ve purchased about 30 games for the Switch since early February and none of the others have any issues.

It might also be worth mentioning that the UK Store variant of the page has the same problem when viewed on the web from my phone but the US version (when viewed on the web from my phone) does not. 9F92A39B-2A8F-43D0-BF37-CDE88B70B1E3.jpeg