Nintendo Switch Version Only Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Ewan Lamont, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Any bugs issues or suggestions that relate to this platform only.
    Amaan Shawkath, Oscar and morjax like this.
  2. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    I'm loving that the Nintendo vesion is bug free:)
  3. Trapsinger Brigadier

Message Count:
    Still willing to test on the Switch if you send me one for Christmas...until then, I have no idea if it has any bugs.

Happy Holidays! :p
  4. Jesse Shaffer Major

Message Count:
    I've been playing Mordhiem on the Switch since Tuesday and I've identified some issues worthy of your attention.

Firstly, it would be really great if we didn't need a WiFi connection to play the game. A huge part of the appeal of the Switch is the ability to use it on the go so not being able to do that on our terms hurts pretty bad.

The second issue is actually a deal breaker for many of the people I've talked to about it and the primary complaint of the platform's only critical review. The trouble with the Switch port is that you are essentially asking your customers to pay a premium price for a freemium grind.

I have three suggestions on how to fix it:
    1. For starters, bring a modified version of Fate to the Switch that's tied to individual warbands rather than customer accounts and make it something players earn with every victory rather than buy. To differentiate the two implementations, I'll refer to it here as Favor. Thematically, it would fit perfectly as the player would be currying favor with the gods on the battlefield and beseeching the divine for a boon in the temple. I don't see why you couldn't even keep Favor prices identical to Fate. This would have the added benefit of allowing significantly greater parity between Switch and other platforms. I want my assasin's masks and thunder hats darn it! :D
    2. The gold price of hired swords makes perfect sense for iOS and Android because it incentivizes people to purchase them with Fate. But on the Switch...there's no Fate. Without Fate, the cost of hired swords is astronomically higher than it should be. If you implement Favor, however, you could keep the gold prices of hired swords exactly where they are--especially if players could use a combination of gold and Favor to purchase them.
    3. Lastly, the XP curve needs to be flattened to be more like the tabletop game. For a premium product, there is waaaaaay too much of a grind–especially once you add into the mix debilitating injuries that don't heal and permadeath. Our warriors will never grow up! :(
    You really have made a fantastic game. It's latest platform just requires a tiny bit more love and attention for it to be all that it can be.:Skaven: