Old Units, New Power ?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Dorsai, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Dorsai Corporal

Message Count:
    Hello all,

in addition to the "new building" topic, I would like to post some ideas also about Units... not new units, as i think there are enough for now :)

but how to keep old, "starting" units usefull in the game and with some "sex appeal" ?

Namely... the scavenger (very light infantry) and the "truck"

Why not to imagine to give them new "special" features ?

Scavenger : with a special upgrade, they are able to "camouflage" and to wait until an ennemy is near (and move slower while invisible) to make sneak attacks (with mines for example against wheeled vehicules ?)

Truck : a bonus 300 credit collection in any raid for any truck (hey they are big, sure they can transport alot :p
  2. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Thanks Dorsai, I'm not sure if you've noticed but the scavengers specialize in cutting though enemy defense, they can take down a wall a lot faster than an infantry unit which still leaves some appeal. Thanks for the suggestion, looking for news ways to improve units in the future is definitely something to consider! What do you think about the vehicles? Is there any ideas for improvements there?
  3. Dorsai Corporal

Message Count:
    I will test for the scavenger ;) I make it for now with "light infantry"... not so slow :p

For the vehicles...

The Truck : maybe possibiliy to transport 2 units ? or to improve the "raiding reward" ? (as they can transport more for sure than an APC...

APC : is already rather powerful... don't think he needs improvement...

Rockets : they sound rather balanced for now as far as i can tell...

i havn't tried something else yet...

Maybe a "buggy" unit ? (fast moving, let's say ATT 6+2, AR 1, HP 6+2, RNG 3+1, MV4+1
    it would be nice against infantry and rocket units ;)
    DragonsMerchant and KillerK1ng like this.
  4. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    The buggy unit you're talking about is the drone as this is what we initially had designed it for. You've started at the right time, as the APC and many other units were a lot cheaper, and we felt upping the price for them was the right way to balance them out.

Good luck with the scavengers!
  5. KillerK1ng Corporal

Message Count:
    I'm still saving up for rockets :( taking me a while
  6. Dorsai Corporal

Message Count:
    Give infantry (light) a bonus against APC ;) i think it will valorize the infantry units (which are, btw, VERY powerfull if used right)
  7. Dorsai Corporal

Message Count:
    i never tested the drone... as they like to die against my APC i didn't felt like in need to buying them...
    btw, it would be nice to be able to "see" the stats of units (even the units u don't have) just to "orientate" research efforts :p
  8. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Its interesting no one seems to buy the drone much.. Odd really, I always thought it was a nifty little machine!
  9. DragonsMerchant Corporal

Message Count:
    I bought the drone and its pretty awesome, I use my APC more though.

I use my infantry all the time, probably my most used units!
  10. Elvelyn Major

Message Count:
    I've never desired a drone, whenever raiding a player with one, I always manage to take it down in one turn with a few troops and without taking any damage. Not very powerful at all and I think they're funny looking because they're so small!
    OverWatch likes this.
  11. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

Small, cute yet deadly. A drone is very small I'll agree with you there!