Online/Offline Mode

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Azul, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Azul Private

Message Count:
    Hi there,

I was wondering if there is an offline mode for Mordheim: Warband Skirmish for pve (not pvp)?
    Or is a internet connection required to play?

Cheers

Azul
    OverWatch likes this.
  2. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

An internet connection is not required to play Azul! So if you don't have one that's no problem, you should still be able to jump in and play.
  3. Steve Gibbs Private

Message Count:
    Will connecting with friends to play be easy?

I love the the Blood Bowl app but it's biggest downfall is not making it easy to play with other friends who have the app.
  4. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

PvP isn't currently in the game. But we'll be doing our best to try and implement this in a way that is both easy to understand and functional! At the moment you're able to fight against Warbands which have been created by other players. Meaning that when you jump in the game, you may even face off against my Warband... (The Saviours).
  5. Zagoradin Private

Message Count:
    Reading through the response would I assume correctly that you will create a Warband and it would be saved into the system and you are able to play offline (with default system teams running scripts) and online when your Warband is saved to the servers against other players saved teams ( who are not currently online at the moment of play but the system will run default scripts to control the opposing warband) meaning for now there is no real Person vs Person play at the moment? Just to clarify.
  6. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Just to clarify at the moment yes, there's no real person vs person aspect to the game. But as soon as you create a new Warband it is stored into a pool, which is then used for match making via the Town cryer as Warbands will be pulled from this pool for you to match up against. All of the Warbands you face are player created Warbands. So they will all have a unique name, and set up, depending on how the player has created them. You can still play the game offline, you just won't get any of the updated data when doing so.

With that being said though, we do have plans to bring PvP to the game. But of course we'll keep you all updated on that front.
    JesterArke likes this.
  7. Trafalgar Law Private

Message Count:
    If there will be pvp , i wanna battle against you, morjax. So if you read this, think about some really good tactics!
    morjax likes this.
  8. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Morjax is a tricky contender. He has took full advantage of the ranged units...

My advice would be, TAKE COVER!!
    morjax likes this.
  9. Trafalgar Law Private

Message Count:
    Or strike back even harder! :mad:
    morjax and OverWatch like this.
  10. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

You can't see it, but I'm rubbing me devious skaven hands together. My master plans are in the works...
  11. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

.....Might I submit a request for destructible terrain? That way, no one can hide from the rain (and reign) of arrows! ;):p
  12. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    That'd be pretty awesome! Frustrating... But awesome nevertheless
  13. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

pew, pew, pew!