Orc Raiders have arrived for battle in Mordheim!

Prabdeep Bazaz

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Orc-Raiders.png

WAAAGH!

Among the races of the Warhammer world, none enjoy the prospect of good looting more than Orcs. For this reason, many Orc warbands have been drawn to the city of Mordheim and the wyrdstone that lies hidden there.

The most requested warband has been added to Mordheim!

Set with unique skills and weapons, Orcs enjoy fighting and looting more than anything else, an Orc’s life is spent in constant battle – either with his fellow Orcs or some other enemy!

Other changes in this update:
A new introduction video for all new players!
Scaling for Injury reduction

The update is available right now on Android, Apple, Discord and Windows.

Download the update down below
Apple
Android

- Socials -
Facebook
Twitter
Discord Server

Last edited:

Mork

Major
It seems to be a premium+ Warband?
;)
What does "Scaling for Injury reduction" exactly mean?
Where can I watch the Intro-Video of the Orcs?

Last edited:

Perl Fisher

Corporal
What are those ”Expendable Grots” mentioned in the orc faction description? Are they something to hire in camp, that just I haven’t seen yet, or are they simply not implemented in the game yet?

Ewan Lamont

Administrator
Staff member
What are those ”Expendable Grots” mentioned in the orc faction description? Are they something to hire in camp, that just I haven’t seen yet, or are they simply not implemented in the game yet?
They will be in the next release. Still in Alpha test right now.

Shangular

Brigadier
Nice work! I've played many games over the weekend and am having fun with the greenskins. Looking forward to the additional options to be added. In addition to grots, will there be an Orc Shaman, Squig pets and Trolls? like in the TT version?

Also just some first impressions, I've kept my orcs at around 100 rating and so far they have been very competitive. I've faced Skaven builds armed with dual pistols, merc captain solos with sword spells, possessed trying to use lure of chaos, strigoi, undead, sisters, witch hunters and a sprinkle of elves along the way. Orcs can be proud as they've won a large majority of these matches. Also, the animosity skill is hilarious. Especially in orc vs orc warband battles where in the middle you have both sides attacking their allies lol.

I'm a bit hesitant to build them up beyond 100 because I don't know what else will be released, but also that they have the same deficiency as the Strigoi in that they have no weapons that can damage high defense opponents. Thus at mid to high level, I think many players be frustrated in their many attacks doing 0 damage. Their WS max and Strength are average so they can't use that to increase damage potential. So I'd strongly recommend giving them some weapon options that reduce or limit opponent's defenses. Most warbands have this such as a comet maul or hammer option limiting defense to 20 or Skaven with their -50 defense modifier pistol and even Strigoi do have an option (I've been meaning to try this with using the human followers with max combat, strength and speed skills armed with hammers). But orcs have nothing. Thus I'd recommend adding a defense modifier to the choppas and may with the big choppa, limit opponent defense to 20 or so, similar to the comet maul.

For Hired Swords, why wouldn't Orcs be able to hire Ogres?

Overall, fun warband at the 100-200 level :)

Prabdeep Bazaz

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Nice work! I've played many games over the weekend and am having fun with the greenskins. Looking forward to the additional options to be added. In addition to grots, will there be an Orc Shaman, Squig pets and Trolls? like in the TT version?

Also just some first impressions, I've kept my orcs at around 100 rating and so far they have been very competitive. I've faced Skaven builds armed with dual pistols, merc captain solos with sword spells, possessed trying to use lure of chaos, strigoi, undead, sisters, witch hunters and a sprinkle of elves along the way. Orcs can be proud as they've won a large majority of these matches. Also, the animosity skill is hilarious. Especially in orc vs orc warband battles where in the middle you have both sides attacking their allies lol.

I'm a bit hesitant to build them up beyond 100 because I don't know what else will be released, but also that they have the same deficiency as the Strigoi in that they have no weapons that can damage high defense opponents. Thus at mid to high level, I think many players be frustrated in their many attacks doing 0 damage. Their WS max and Strength are average so they can't use that to increase damage potential. So I'd strongly recommend giving them some weapon options that reduce or limit opponent's defenses. Most warbands have this such as a comet maul or hammer option limiting defense to 20 or Skaven with their -50 defense modifier pistol and even Strigoi do have an option (I've been meaning to try this with using the human followers with max combat, strength and speed skills armed with hammers). But orcs have nothing. Thus I'd recommend adding a defense modifier to the choppas and may with the big choppa, limit opponent defense to 20 or so, similar to the comet maul.

For Hired Swords, why wouldn't Orcs be able to hire Ogres?

Overall, fun warband at the 100-200 level :)
Thanks for the feedback, I've passed over your thoughts to the team. On Hiredswords, Ocs will get access to Ogres in the next update.

Prabdeep Bazaz

Social Media Manager
Staff member
It seems to be a premium+ Warband?
;)
What does "Scaling for Injury reduction" exactly mean?
Where can I watch the Intro-Video of the Orcs?
The new introduction video replaces the very start of the tutorial sequence, which can only be viewed by new players unfortunately. The injury reduction will now happen at any difference and scale up.

Mork

Major
But there had been individual video-sequenzes for every new warband?
Ah, "injury reduction... at any difference" - that means no fix boundaries but a fluent adaption?

Last edited:

Jesse Shaffer

Brigadier
Flavor for the sake of flavor is a waste of everyone’s time and money if it doesn’t perform. Without a weapon equivalent to a comet maul, your orcs will hit like little girls. I’m not going to buy another throw away race. Strigoi go from cool to lame fairly quickly so unless a developer can explain why orcs won’t do the same, I don’t understand why I should buy them.

Last edited: