Order skill: Does it have other limitations other than the ones in the description?

Chronos

Major
Hi there, I have some doubts about order skill. There are two levels and if I recall correctly their descriptions are something like:
  • Level 1: Distance 6 / Only available to leaders and champions
  • Level 2: Distance 12 / Only available to leaders and champions + Can't order members of higher rank.
As far as I know this means (At least for level 2 order):
  • Leader can order both champions and gangers
  • Champions can only order gangers

So, my doubts are:
  1. I'm assuming higher rank only means leader > champion > ganger. Does it also involve leadership values so a 60 leadership champion can not order a 70 leadership ganger?
  2. Level 1 doesn't state that it cannot be used on higher rank gang members, but I'm assuming that's missing from the description, as it doesn't make much sense that Level 2 has that limitation and Level 1 doesn't. Can level 1 order be used on higher rank members?
  3. I bought level 2 order skill for two champions in the same group and during the battle it seems like just one of them can use the skill each turn, as I tried to use it twice with the same ganger and didn't work (and it didn't work either using each order on two different gangers). Maybe I'm doing something wrong here but, is there any limitation additional to those in the descriptions that makes the skill just be "once per turn"?
By the way, if order can only be used once per turn even if you have two champions with that skill, is it possible to reset skills for a ganger? As that limitation wasn't stated, if I cannot use the order skill twice I have one ganger with a lot of wasted XP :(

Chronos

Major
I've tested it again and I think it is quite strange the way it is working...

My squad (Escher):
  • Gang Matriarch 1 (Ld: 60 + Champion + Order 2)
  • Gang Matriarch 2 (Ld: 60 + Champion + Order 2)
  • Gang Sister 1 (Ld: 46)
  • Gang Sister 2 (Ld: 48)
At first I thought that once I used Order one turn I couldn't use it again, but the problem is Gang Matriarch 2 cannot use order at all, not even if Gang Matriarch 1 had not used it yet. So, maybe it is a bug or am I missing something here? Shouldn't both gang matriarchs be able to order any of the gang sisters?

Shangular

Brigadier
Not a bug. One of the recent updates nerfed Order where only the ganger who is designated as the leader can give an order. In your example above, Matriarch 1 is the designated leader and thus Matriach 2's Order skill is wasted if they are in the same group.

Lamoth

Major
Not a bug. One of the recent updates nerfed Order where only the ganger who is designated as the leader can give an order. In your example above, Matriarch 1 is the designated leader and thus Matriach 2's Order skill is wasted if they are in the same group.
so now you can only have one leader who gives orders per squad ??? time to fire guys :(

This information should be given in the description of the skill

Chronos

Major
That's disapointing... I spent quite a lot XP to get the necessary Ld, champion skill and the two order levels and it seems to be wasted XP :(

As @R2Da_iKeMan says, I think it should be on the skill description or more people are going to be disapointed once they spent the XP just to realize it doesn't work...

Ewan Lamont

Administrator
Staff member
That's disapointing... I spent quite a lot XP to get the necessary Ld, champion skill and the two order levels and it seems to be wasted XP :(

As @R2Da_iKeMan says, I think it should be on the skill description or more people are going to be disapointed once they spent the XP just to realize it doesn't work...
Sorry it looks like only order 1 makes this clear. We'll get order 2 changed to make this clear. If they end up leading a squad gangers will obey their orders.

Shangular

Brigadier

Here was the announcement for the change to the Order skill: https://forums.legendary-games.com/index.php?threads/improved-ai-and-injury-transparency.7689/

But I don't think you wasted XP. You could always move Matriarch 2 to another territory to make use of the Order skill. I have one person with Order in each of my territories.

Chronos

Major
Problem is she had both order and savvy, so if I moved her to another squad I wasted the savvy skill. I was lucky enough however that the other champion hasn't been able to get savvy yet, so I was able to reorganize the squads so each one has a leader with order. Only "wasted" XP was the leader I moved from bazaar to hab had +9 intelligence advances that are not so useful now, but that is better than losing intelligence + savvy points or leadership + champion + 2 order ones...