Overpowered warbands

PetePaints

Private
Hi, so I just ran into a Reikland Warband... Everyone was unarmed and unarmoured, everyone caused fear, had 5 attacks each and did 5-10 damage per unarmed hit. Then after my game 5 of my Skaven including the assassin died leaving me with just the freshly recruited level 1 rat who got robbed... This seems a tiny bit unfair/unbalanced/possibly cheating to me...

Definitely sounds like something wrong. You cannot have more than 3 attacks, max 4 with combat master. Unless they were frenzied. And 5-10 dmg per hit is much too much especially for unarmed.

Also 5 dead results?...

My advise for the future is to immidiately quit the game after you see some weird .... going on. Or simply when you have no chances of survival/winning.

PetePaints

Private
It was just a random matchup via the Town Cryer. Basically I didn't realise something was wrong until I "sprung my trap" and tried to charge their warband. Every one of my rats were scared no matter who on the opposing warband I was charging. Because of all the failed charges I was wide open to be charged in my opponents turn. Punch punch punch game over. My Skaven Warband was at just under 400 for gang rating. My assassin was a level 22 beast.

Adam Smith

Lead Software Developer
Staff member
It was just a random matchup via the Town Cryer. Basically I didn't realise something was wrong until I "sprung my trap" and tried to charge their warband. Every one of my rats were scared no matter who on the opposing warband I was charging. Because of all the failed charges I was wide open to be charged in my opponents turn. Punch punch punch game over. My Skaven Warband was at just under 400 for gang rating. My assassin was a level 22 beast.

Can you tell me what your warband is called? I'll check out your recent matchups.

ProtoClone

Private
Hi, so I just ran into a Reikland Warband... Everyone was unarmed and unarmoured, everyone caused fear, had 5 attacks each and did 5-10 damage per unarmed hit. Then after my game 5 of my Skaven including the assassin died leaving me with just the freshly recruited level 1 rat who got robbed... This seems a tiny bit unfair/unbalanced/possibly cheating to me...
I had a run in with some ubermensch myself. One guy with an ax and shield had at least five attacks in one action.

Fear is such a pain in the ass especially with Skaven. It would be good if you could choose a different target if your warrior fails a test or even better it would be great if A WARRIOR WITH FEAR IS MARKED maybe his circle is a different color or he is covered with scars. I think that it would be nice to know if the guy you are about to try and charge causes fear.

An excellent point PetePaints. I never had this issue in table top. An opponent would tell you which enemy models caused fear before the battle. I know my models with horrible scars were modeled to show just how frightening they were!

On another note a model with Stupidity should also be immune to fear. There has to be some advantage to being to stupid to be afraid.

Yes a fear aura is a great idea and could work extremely well, the game needs something to differentiate fear inducing warriors from normies. The Skaven that need to attack first to have a chance to win. Losing a charge to a hidden fear causing enemy is very annoying. At least if you knew who caused fear you could plan your tactics to avoid attacking those guys first.

Veteran

Private
I encountered a single warrior warband called shards who was impossible to kill. Instead he slew everyone of my charakters with bis reaction strikes. In another game I ran into a char who swallowed 30 attacks and took zero damage. Don't remember the warbands name, though. Emergency quitting seems the right idea, but I noticed that I've run out of patience with the time. I now quit whenever I feel the opponent seems too strong, the scenario seems unfair, when one of my warriors is taken out of action before he can do anything, important chars (like the leader) are taken out of action, etc.
Guess what my ratio is.
And as long as I can't earn Fate other than buying it with real money, I'm continuing in doing so. Legendarys business model is just despicable since I only get paid for finished work and honestly I'd never invest more than 5 to 15€ for a mobile game. I Legendary wants to make more money, the should finish the game First, lower the prices in go for more downlods (Google Play says 10k, this is not very much).

Fate tokens are a problem that should be resolved sooner rather than later to prevent it from being cancerous.

Its discouraging for players that you have to pay cash to keep your characters alive. Premium content that doesnt prevent regular gameplay or give a gameplay advantage pressuring people to pay more is tolerable.

New warbands also cost cash, totally more than some console games.

The current premium characters you can purchase are at the very least possible to skip. That the 8th warband slot is solely reserved for those premium characters however is an unreasonable advantage.