Parenthesis mean ?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Jmstoic, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Jmstoic Private

Message Count:
    I reviewed the threads and saw nothing on this question.

Can somebody please explain the parenthesis around the stats for weapons?
    Thanks kindly in advance
  2. Abides Private

Message Count:
    The bonus with 2/2 specialization in the weapon style. It's explained in the skill flavour text, but explained as flavour text, not spelled out in game terms
  3. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    I think Abides has pretty much covered this already, but here's exactly what the parenthesis means when you see it in weapon descriptions:
    You'll notice that particular skills (Weapon Master & Advanced Weapon Master) "improve the special effects chances of...". What this means is that if you have used your skill points in any of those you'll have the opportunity to use the figures shown in brackets in item descriptions when you attack your opponent.

An example of this is with my own Warband. I have a unit that has maxed out Advanced Weapon Master (2/2) which gives him the opportunity to use 2H weapons at their full potential. With no item equipped he has 44 STR but with the Ostland Great Axe he has 79. The reason for this is because the stats of this item are +10(+25), meaning that he will take full advantage of the figure in brackets, due to his skill set.

Hope this answers your question!
  4. Jmstoic Private

Message Count:
    Thanks for taking the time answering the question!
    OverWatch likes this.
  5. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Any time!! Glad I could clear everything up for you