Poll: should elf rangers have access to gun powder weapons?

Should elf rangers have access to gun powder weapons?

• Total voters

Shangular

Brigadier
I voted yes. I will only vote no if we do this right to match TT by removing magic and black powder :). This has been discussed in several older posts as well.

Mork

Major
Yes, but this older posts included also a lot of arguments for keeping the magic.
Therefore I think that removing the black powder skills is a reasonable and easy to implement compromise.

Shangular

Brigadier
Yes, but this older posts included also a lot of arguments for keeping the magic.
Therefore I think that removing the black powder skills is a reasonable and easy to implement compromise.
Disagree. Tbh, elves right now are at a good balance for Sisters and Skaven at multiple rating levels. Black powder does not make them OP in my opinion. I've faced a 2000 rating warband who had 4 elves and a wizard captain. Killed them with my 1200 Sisters without taking any casualties (also my Sisters do not use 4 elf cloaks lol). I think I posted this on either here or Discord a while back, can't remember. But the point being that black powder does not make elves OP.

The key reason why I was advocating removing Magic and Black Powder was to stay true to the TT. So if we're going to nick pick nerfs here and there, it should be based on either balance issues with imo, black powder doesn't create or trying to keep the game to the TT original.

Mork

Major
So we are in this simple poll-thread in the middle of the discussions again! :)
And according to your description we have a massive OP by Sisters (and Skaven?) and only partially by Elves.
Or in other words: the Elves are not OP enough to face the Sisters.
The other day my 668er Sisters show Mercy also defeated a > 1200er warband (Numenoreanos as seen in the thread "shooting through walls") with at least 3 Elves but for me it was quite an exciting fight and as long you don't want to nerf the Sisters the Elves are needed as they are to balance them.
But because their sensitive ears may take damage by using gun powder weapons and because there should be a reason to have regular marksmen within your warband I think Elves shouldn't have access to gun powder skills.
(And above all they look just so stupid with dual pistols!!!) ;)

Mork

Major
I agree that removing gun powder skills might be only a minor correction but it would be of great symbolic value and would give regular marksmen a reason for being again.
I think this might also be the reason why Legendary didn't give the Duelists access to the Hochland Rifle and the Repeater Handgun.