[Possible Bug] Using Energy with out moving

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by I_Like_Cake, Feb 25, 2014.

1. I_Like_Cake Corporal

Message Count:
    I clicked on some infantry and then clicked on a square to move them onto that square. Nothing happened. Me being very impatient at the time spammed the button for a few seconds. It then came up with a dialogue box telling me i was out of energy. I'd some how managed to burn roughly 25 energy with out actually doing anything. The counter in the top left hadn't been going down and their was no indication that the game was anything but temporarily frozen like it often is.
    Has anyone else come across this?

On a separate note I think it would be a good idea to add a second dialogue box when converting "Energy Supplies" to "Rechargeable Power". I think you should do this because it isn't immediately made clear how valuable this resource is. I managed to spend all my "Energy Reserves" immediately because I wasn't paying attention when i closed the dialogue box.
  2. Jemma Corporal

Message Count:
    Thanks! I'll keep this in mind and let the devs know. Seems like a pretty big issue!

Thanks for your suggestion too.
  3. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Good suggestion on the text, we may not have the space but will take a look.

When you said you lost 25 energy was that power (battery) or energy (lightenin jag)?

4. I_Like_Cake Corporal

Message Count:
  5. Gareth Corporal

Message Count:
    On the same topic, I was having a conversation with someone and they didn't know how they could convert energy to power with out running down all of their power reserves. Maybe you could highlight that you can convert energy to power in the tutorial (or better if it is already done).
  6. I_Like_Cake Corporal

Message Count:
    Its happened again. This time i was trying to move a probe. I tried several different squares in range (green) but i couldn't move and then it said i was out of power. I managed to use 28 power with out moving. I wish i could give you more details but i cant work out whats triggering it.
  7. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Was this in 3D (enhanced view)?
  8. I_Like_Cake Corporal

Message Count:
  9. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Thanks. Do you know any details about the machine. Operating system etc and had you been playing OK for a while and it suddenly happened?
  10. I_Like_Cake Corporal

Message Count:
    Its only happening on my home PC at the moment. It was working fine until suddenly i couldn't move anymore.
    PC Specs:
    OS - Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64bit
    Processor - AMD Athlon 7550 Dual-Core Processor 2.5GHz
    Graphics Card - AMD Radeon HD 5450
    Ram - 4GB
    Browser - Google Chrome 33.0.1750.146 m