Potential life points feature

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Overwatch, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Hi everyone. As a result of KslinnUK's huge forum post the other day... I've decided to split up some of his ideas into forum threads! He provided a lot of suggestions some of which have been floating around the office for a while and I would like to get your insight into them and how you think we should implement them!

The first discussion I wanted to raise was one of a health bar. As we all know the current lifepoints of a unit can be viewed through the info option at the bottom of the interface. We've have ideas and suggestions that this process isnt friendly and could be improved. How do you think we could implement a suitable lifepoints feature into tactics? Would there be a hitpoints bar or counter? Displayed on every unit or one at the top? How do you think we should go about this, if you think its the right move? Maybe you think its fine as it is!

Leave your thoughts below!
  2. Hardcore Hamster Corporal

Message Count:
    i think it needs some sort of health bar feature cus its tedious going into the info every time.
  3. KillerK1ng Corporal

Message Count:
    i was thinking if you made it so when you click on a unit you only get the left tab popping up. this way it shows your health points without doing it manually. made a screenshot to show how it would work

Attached Files:

4. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    This is one thing we've been considering in the studio and we could see it working with a few tweaks and adjustments. What does everyone else thing?
  5. BenjiBands Private

Message Count:
    it is a pain it does need fixing somehow. what about individual life bars on each unit whilst in raid mode
  6. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    I'm sitting next to an programmer in the studio at the moment who's working on one of the possibilities. Looks great though, can see something like this working.