Problems with New beta.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Maccy-D, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Maccy-D Private

Message Count:
    With the new beta release there are numerous issues that have arisen. The first problem being the 3D; in most cases all that people get is a black screen. In the few that don't the lag prevents any effective strategy. The second problem is with the energy supplies. The limited amount you get cannot be recharged or won in single player you HAVE to either pay to win which is always a major turn off for most people playing or by helping other players. This is unacceptable as it only allows people who either go and help friends or people who are willing to pay to win can get anywhere. It would be better if they allowed a way that power can be added by doing something even if it takes a long while (for example taking and holding one of the other bases). If you have no friends on the game this makes playing extremely difficult as other players can just come and invade and without friends you will often lose territory before you have a chance to expand in the game. Another problem is with the factions. In my case it gave me the chance to pick my colour but automatically gave me a name that I don't like and now you cannot change what you have.
  2. Gareth Corporal

Message Count:
    I totally agree with the fact that there needs to be a way (for people without friends on the game) to get energy. Maybe once a command base is captured, harvesters in that region could give energy either on a daily basis or when unloaded.
  3. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Hi Guys
    Thanks for the feedback. The energy system hasn't changed in this iteration but we will take on board what you guys are saying. You can still increase your power by building farms and you start with a base energy of 50 so all energy allows you to do is analyse high level upgrades and speed up builds and repairs. The only resource change is to allow players to unload harvester at any time - watch out for the unload all button coming soon.

Two real big concerns here from this:

1) Why dont you guys want friends in the game? A core design feature is the co op play if you don't want friends we need to make some changes to our design.
    2) The black out bug I've not seen it, this is a massive issue can you give any details on when it occurs? What browser this was on what imediatly prededed the black out?
  4. Matthew_Smith Private

Message Count:
    The point about friends playing the game is that it's not a case of not WANTING friends to play, it's more a case of friends not BEING ABLE to play. Examples include players with friends who genuinely just aren't interested in the game, or those whose friends are not on. There should therefore be a not monetary means of gaining energy for players who are in this situation.
  5. James Bell Private

Message Count:
    When the black screen has happened to me, a message of skip or continue comes up and press continue enough times will put you on the 3D version of the game.
  6. Gareth Corporal

Message Count:
    Answering backwardly, I think this is the black screen they are talking about and it is on the slow Confetti Lenovo's. Also, I don't mind playing with friends, and I have got many on the game, but what if I didn't have any friends who played the game - and don't trust people online. I would then have to pay to get energy as my only alternative.