Progress Halting Bug

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by MaddieWilmot, Jan 6, 2014.

1. MaddieWilmot Private

Message Count:
    Error Report:
    Probe Mission loop issue.
    Should a player is to use a harvester on the Probe in the level which the player is supposed to recover the probe. The Probe will be destroyed and be turned into resources. The Probe is then lost and the mission can not be completed. This has been repeated by a number of other players. The process for them has also had no return of the Probe that requires recovery.
    This bug is caused by a player using the "Harvester" on the probe that needs to be retrieved, destroying the probe and turning it into resources. The Probe is then lost and the objective can not be completed to advance the game. The play will continue to receive the prompt for the mission to locate the probe to retrieve but further progress can no long be made.
    The 2 images show both the probe missing from the area after a number or restarts of the map as it does not appear to respawn and is not seen anywhere on the map and the mission dialogue that is repeated each time a player is on the map screen.

The Mission dialogue that is repeated:
    [IMG]
    The probe missing from the mission even after multiple restarts of the playing level after the Harvester has turned it into resources:
    [IMG]
  2. Jonathan Rogers Private

Message Count:
    This has happened to numerous people so be careful when you are on this mission!
  3. Gavin Rummery
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Whoa! OK thanks for that. We'll need to put in a fix for this problem!
  4. I_Like_Cake Corporal

Message Count:
    It's worth noting that you can get past this by using energy to research the probe from the warehouse.
  5. Jonathan Rogers Private

Message Count:
    @ I_Like_Cake, we tried this as we realised that the probe was available for research but Maddie still wasn't able to progress no matter what we tried. It may differentiate between person but we had no way of getting it to work!
  6. I_Like_Cake Corporal

Message Count:
    it worked for me so you maybe right
  7. MaddieWilmot Private

Message Count:
    After using the research I was still halted all progress and I'm still stuck on the mission even though I can take a probe to the mission using the research option. The only mission I can currently partake in to further progress are the Help Requests.
  8. I_Like_Cake Corporal

Message Count:
    interesting. I'm afraid I'm all out of ideas. As soon as i researched one it immediate came up with a message telling me what to do next.
  9. MaddieWilmot Private

Message Count:
    After messing around a little with the warehouse I sold all probes I had, entered the mission, returned to warehouse and rebuilt probes. The mission now seems to have completed itself. I'm not sure if the mission complete just failed to trigger as expected but it seems to have fixed it for now.
  10. Gavin Rummery
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Just to let you all know, the game has just been updated with a patch for this issue. It should be possible for all of you who are stuck with this problem to continue.

Please let us know if this fix works ok for you!