PvP Pending

Shangular

Brigadier
hmm, I wonder if it's that same cheat the Sons of Witches warband used where he revived, used healing, mad cap and then attacked one of my warriors who was across the screen with a close combat attack. Actually the latter cheat he's used twice against my warband.

Mork

Major
The same just happened again in fight with "Bleptas gang".
The archer was killed and lost the shard (in the bag). Then he stood up again and kept on fighting but you can see clearly that his live-bar is missing.
Afterwards the game went pending...Screenshot_20210111-224249.jpg

Mork

Major
Sometimes the life bar is gone completely, sometimes it remains at a minimum like with the skaven above.
It also happened to me with Sons of Witches but there the game didn't go pending because he retreated at the same time regularly.
But also there no life bar was to be seen. (The blue one belongs to the sister behind him who killed him shortly before)

Attachments

Shangular

Brigadier
So my question to the developers is do we know what is allowing players to revive like this during the middle of a match? Tbh, in my many, many, many PVP matches that I've had since I've played this game, the only time I've ever seen this is with Sons of Witches. It looks like above another player has experienced the same thing with that same warband. So is this an exploit/cheat that a player is actively doing that effects the server sync to allow their warrior to revive? Similar to the exploit that was recently fixed where a player intentionally disconnects and farms pvp shards?

Last edited:

Mork

Major
Ok, now it happened to myself exactly what Shangular was talking about:
During fight against ForTheReik at Imperial Stables the first strange thing what happened was, that the vampire attacked my duelist by running somewhere else attacking him melee from a distant position.
The duelist wasn't killed at once but shortly after by another attacker.
But next turn he stood up again before the game went pending.
After some minutes the game came back again "opponent disconnected" and I was able to screenshot the victory screen where one can see, that the life bar of the duelist is gone.
As shown in aftermath the duelist had been really taken out of action, because he got "full recovery".
(sorry for the the media bar caused by hectic pushing the combined buttons for the screenshot)

IMG_20210119_001448.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Mork

Major
And again... this time the formerly killed Nekromancer stood up again and was able to try his deadly Doom-Spell before the game went pending constantly.
Okay - guess that's why they are called "Undead"... :rolleyes:

Attachments

Shangular

Brigadier
For the warbands freezing, I've only gotten that issue lately when the Orc Animosity occurs, but it appears to have been fixed with the latest update. Thank you for fixing it quickly.

For the other issues of reviving dead models and attacking across the screen with a melee weapon, I've only ever experienced that twice before and it was against the same warband both times mentioned above. Haven't seen it otherwise.

Perl Fisher

Corporal
I have experienced it in two matches in PvP yesterday against random strangers, when enemy fighters attacked mine in close combat melee but from several squares away. Game was then pending for 5-10 minutes, and ended with “opponent has disconnected”.

I have also seen it some months ago, when playing against a friend in the same room. We could thus look at each others screens and “compare notes“: We saw that the positions of the fighters were different on our two screens. We had also noted earlier in the game, that we were asked to move our units at the same time and not in turns, which of course can lead to all sorts of synchronisation problems.
We concluded that the games on our two devices had ”gone out of sync”, so that each device had different data (health, position, status) on some of the fighters. That game ended with both of us being winners (!) after a ~10 minute wait and “opponent disconnected”.

Last edited: