Question about the first attack of the "dual" pistol

My question pertains to the very first attack performed by the "dual" pistol. The 2nd is the standard point-and-shoot we also see from the off-hand pistol. However every dual pistol user I've run into performs a pistol-whip for that first attack, before shooting me with it. Does this mean the first hit uses Weapon Skill, since they whack their opponent with it? Or do both attacks with that particular pistol count as a Ballistic Skill shot?

CzaRus

Major
My question pertains to the very first attack performed by the "dual" pistol. The 2nd is the standard point-and-shoot we also see from the off-hand pistol. However every dual pistol user I've run into performs a pistol-whip for that first attack, before shooting me with it. Does this mean the first hit uses Weapon Skill, since they whack their opponent with it? Or do both attacks with that particular pistol count as a Ballistic Skill shot?
Pistols can be used in cloae combat, to charge with and to strike with, folloing with shots. Striking uses WS, shooting uses BS