Questions and thoughts after playing the game

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Abides, May 29, 2017.

1. Abides Private

Message Count:
    -Do the faction bonuses apply when a new captain is promoted?(Middenheimer gets immediate advances, Reiklander leadership bubble range)
    -Do the items in your stash and /or your gold count towards your warband rating?
    -Is the Repeater Crossbow meant to have an extra shot with 2/2 crossbow mastery? It's noted as 1(2) without crossbow mastery but 1 with.
    -As someone who likes to noodle around with new war bands, I'd like for a way to turn off the tutorial account wide. I know it can be done, but it seems like about 1/3 of the time I screw it up.( more often for save slot 0?)
    -Any plans for an option to turn off the in game tips in the top right corner?
    -Trying to recruit a replacement warband member with three hired mercenaries hanging around in the tavern has been my only real irritation.

All in all, top notch game, thank you. I appreciate the design choice to emulate the GW Empire models that came with the classic boxed game. I would have personally liked a more John Blanche/John Wigley art influence but to each their own.

By Devlan's Mud!
  2. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    Greetings, Abides! I'll do my best here, but someone from the dev team can likely give you more precise answers:

- When a new leader is promoted, they get immediate access to the leader-only skills for that warband. I'm fairly sure they don't get any immediate bonus or anything like that. Perhaps another way to explain this is that I don't think the leader has any special advantages over another unit that is just as experienced, save that they have access to the leadership skills.

- I don't believe so. It's only what you bring to the battlefield, so that your actual match on the board is well-balanced. If you had six repeater rifles and a dozen elven bows in the stash, it wouldn't help you fight on the field any better! I'd like to get dev confirmation on this, but I think your warband rating is calculated using the total experience of your warrior, and their gear (such that it's a decent approximation of how powerful you actually are on the field of battle).

- I really am not sure on the repeater crossbow, but I am interested to know!

- This has been requested a couple times, and I think would be a boon to veteran players. "Click here to skip tutorial", with a confirmation dialogue so you don't hit it on accident, and also a way to opt in later in case a new player thinks they don't need it but changes their mind later.

- I'm not sure on the tool tips toggleability. Again, would be a quality of life thing for veteran players.

- I can't recall - do the hired swords replace one of the 2 warriors or 2 marksmen? If so, it would be great to always have at least one warrior and one marksman in the store. If memory serves, you see the hired swords more and more often as you go up in warband rank.

Really great thoughts, boss! Keep them coming!
  3. Abides Private

Message Count:
    Did some playing around yesterday with a free slot. Gold in the bank does seem to affect your warband rating.I could get my Middenheimers down to a negative warband rating before the first battle(-30, I think) but the Marienbergers stopped at +6.

The repeater crossbow is a tooltip error, Crossbow Mastery and Quick shot gives 3 shots/ round when not moving.
    I've noticed a few other tooltip errors, mostly with the bludgeoning weapons maximum defence listings, but minor issues that can be easily puzzled out.
  4. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    To get it straight: repeater crossbow + crossbow mastery level 2 + quick shot gives you 3 shots per round if you stay still? That's kinda bonkers 0.0

Also, please post any tooltip errors, so the guys can squash the bugs with the merciless bugsquashing hammer ^_^
  5. Abides Private

Message Count:
    Repeater crossbow gives 3 shots when used stationary with the proper skills, yes. Strength 30 vs 40 though.
    Also a more rare store item.
    It creates a nice progression with the marksmen, culminating in 3 shots stationary, two on the move, and ignore cover.
    The Reiklanders are killing it for me with a mixed warband,
    morjax likes this.
  6. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    *gets better armour before he fights you*
    morjax likes this.
  7. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

The cheese is strong with this one :D I approve, my friend :)
    OverWatch likes this.