Questions from a newcomer

I used to play tabletop Mordheim a lot.
So I was quite pleased to find this game in the app store.
I did have a few questions though:
1) Long term how 'necessary' is it to invest in the coins that are for sale?
2) Mordheim rarely manages to be an enduring longtime campaign. Once one ends up in a downward spiral it usually was hard to escape it. In a game like this it is doubly so. How is this tackled in game?
3) How to gain more than one attack? A while ago I ended up butchered by a random band I bumped into.

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
I used to play tabletop Mordheim a lot.
So I was quite pleased to find this game in the app store.
I did have a few questions though:
1) Long term how 'necessary' is it to invest in the coins that are for sale?
2) Mordheim rarely manages to be an enduring longtime campaign. Once one ends up in a downward spiral it usually was hard to escape it. In a game like this it is doubly so. How is this tackled in game?
3) How to gain more than one attack? A while ago I ended up butchered by a random band I bumped into.
Hey there!

1) It's totally dependent to your playstyle. Fate isn't necessary to purchase, but certainly does help you along the way. For example, they can be used to purchase hired swords from the tavern which are powerful units to have, they can cure injuries (whether that be permanent or otherwise) and can be used to revive dead units.

2) It's always important to keep in mind that your next opponent could be significantly better than your last. So make sure you're well equipped, and take advantage of the consumables that can be bought from the store! You'll find that they help a lot when it comes to tackling tough Warbands.

3) You'll notice that when your units rank up, you'll earn a skill point. Skill points can be used in any way you like, so take a look at the different options you're given via the camp screen! If you want to gain more attacks per turn there are multiple routes you can go down, one being to increase your "Attack" statistic through the combat skills menu.

morjax

YouTuber & Moderator
Staff member
Thanks. Been playing some more and did 2 restarts.
The sellswords that are recruited join up for a single mission?

The hired swords are a permanent addition to your warband, but cost fate instead of gold crowns and come better equipped and with more experience to start. Once purchased via fate, you will not have to pay any upkeep - they are now yours to do with as you see fit ;D