Rad cannon useful?

Behemoth

Private
I have a top 40ish gang of Van Saars, mostly re-eqipped with bolt guns (have to keep up with the arms race).

Is a master-crafted rad cannon worth its huge cost?

I only ever saw one in a battle and suppressed it; it never had a chance to fire.

I have a top 40ish gang of Van Saars, mostly re-eqipped with bolt guns (have to keep up with the arms race).

Is a master-crafted rad cannon worth its huge cost?

I only ever saw one in a battle and suppressed it; it never had a chance to fire.
I've never been able to afford one, but had one battle when my Van Saars were taking on an AI Van Saars gang & or runs a dude with a rad cannon. I nearly crapped my mesh armour ;)

Thankfully, by the time he was in range & before he had 2 action points to fire, I started annoying & pinning him with my flashlights, so he never had 2 action points to shoot. I think I whittled down the gang until he fled.

It may be wonder about how useful the heavy weapons are, unless you can time it really well & use orders to get someone into position & fire.

I've now got an Escher with an obscenly long heavy stubber & a Crawdor with the heavy crossbow & they're fun when it works out, useless is your get caught out :D

No idea on Rad guns or cannons - it's usually bolters & plasma which take me out, so I'm very interested to see the opinions too.

SOB

Playing my Van Saars against another AI Van Saar gang in s territory take down today & someone comes running out into the open with a radcannon :oops:

Luckily my pistol ganger still hadn't taken their action & managed to pin them. They then fled before firing, so I'm thankfully still ignorant of what they could do :D

SOB

Morte

Private
No. I trialed one for a while and it was not very good. Damage was low, accuracy poor, and template small. Went back to Rad gun.