Range

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by FlaminGallahs2089, Aug 24, 2018.

1. FlaminGallahs2089 Corporal

Message Count:
    When I first started months ago my team was a mix of range and melee.
    Slowly the range all died and I built just melee beasts.

Though this happened I feel cause I didnt know how to use range.
    Recently I have realised Blackpowder weapons (with the skills needed) arepretty powerful.
    And this has made me give range another shot.

But I have found I still dont know how to use them.
    The person can be straight in front of them (about 10 spaces away) and the soldier wont shoot.
    Flank manuvers do nothing as they genrally wont shoot.
    I try to position them with line of site wont shoot half of the time.

What am I doing wrong?
    How can I improve the use of ranged models?
  2. Arnold Private

Message Count:
    Simply rise Ballistic Skill 6 Times to improve your Hit chance. Take Quick Shooot to fire two times a round, Hunter to move and fire, blackpowder mastery to use your blackpowder weapons most effective, eagle eyes to improve range.
    The Speed Skill Ambush let´s you fire automaticlly when you are hidden.

The best ranged weapon is the Hochland Long Rifle, with an impressive range and precision.

Try to takeposition where you can see a lot don´t become attacked by melee heroes, there you are vulnerable. Your melee heroes should cover you ...
  3. FlaminGallahs2089 Corporal

Message Count:
    I understand that part.
    But the confusing thing is how to actually make sure you will be able to hit someone?

I have had clean lines of site on them with enough range and it doesnt gove me the option.

How do I make sure I can take aim at someone?
  4. Arnold Private

Message Count:
    Mmmh. There should be a fire button if you have possible targets.
    Targets depend on range, the fire button doesn´t show up if your hit chance is to low and you can´t fire in any melee combat. With lot´s of weapons you can´t fire after movement ...
  5. FlaminGallahs2089 Corporal

Message Count:
    Thats what is confusing me.
    They all have the buff to move and shoot gunpowder (walk)
    They have the range.
    Clear line of site.
    Yet I dont have a fire button.

Its confusing me.
    So I am wondering if anyone has elite strategies they are willing to share so I can bring best out of the ranged guys?
  6. Arnold Private

Message Count:
    Okay, i don´t have the answer. Perhaps a screen shot to the developers here in the forum ...?
  7. Auretious Taak Corporal

Message Count:
    Try tapping the character. That should show you the little target symbol. Sometimes it doesn't show until you re-centre on your character. To the move and fire, it's only the movement not the run, so only as far as the dotted line movement track allows. Finally, I too have had a lot of instances of not being able to fire at anything despite it looking like clear lines of sight or not being able to shoot yet the AI can an does back despit eboth being in view in both turns. The game isn't perfect, basically, but from how youd escribe it, there's more going on with you then just that. I can't really help beyond that.
  8. FlaminGallahs2089 Corporal

Message Count:
    It seems the same as the problem you have had, thanks.
    Its weird I thought it may be which way they are facing.
    Next time it happens I will screenshot, because its strange