Rat Ogre vs. Fear/(frenzy?) bug

Sorry this was a post from last Friday I'd accidentally put in the Year 0: forum by accident and it never got moved to here. So here it is reposted in the appropriate place...

So, I just experienced this extremely odd... what I can only hope was a bug...

Rat Ogre in cover... charges a pit fighter and Reiklander with spear and buckler. The Rat Ogre takes its first two swipes against the pit fighter, and knocks him OOA. Third swipe against the Merc, and it's the Merc's turn... he takes three strikes against the rat ogre... says that he's scared. And then takes three swipes again. Says that he's scared. takes three swipes, rinse repeat. By this point my rat ogre has suffered well over 10 hits and is near death and I close out just in time to prevent the loss of a $2.40 digital monstrosity of Rat Mutant. To what I can only assume was a loop bug.

I couldn't tell if the merc was frenzied, but he was certainly scared... repeatedly, but not scared enough to -not- attack the Rat Ogre multiple times while he just stood there like a meat sack.

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
Sorry this was a post from last Friday I'd accidentally put in the Year 0: forum by accident and it never got moved to here. So here it is reposted in the appropriate place...

So, I just experienced this extremely odd... what I can only hope was a bug...

Rat Ogre in cover... charges a pit fighter and Reiklander with spear and buckler. The Rat Ogre takes its first two swipes against the pit fighter, and knocks him OOA. Third swipe against the Merc, and it's the Merc's turn... he takes three strikes against the rat ogre... says that he's scared. And then takes three swipes again. Says that he's scared. takes three swipes, rinse repeat. By this point my rat ogre has suffered well over 10 hits and is near death and I close out just in time to prevent the loss of a $2.40 digital monstrosity of Rat Mutant. To what I can only assume was a loop bug.

I couldn't tell if the merc was frenzied, but he was certainly scared... repeatedly, but not scared enough to -not- attack the Rat Ogre multiple times while he just stood there like a meat sack.
Very strange.

If you encounter this again could you take some screenshots for us? I would ask if you could record some footage for us too but I know how difficult that can be on mobile devices...

I'll raise this up, but unless we can replicate this I can imagine this is going to be a tough one to crack.

I've been keeping an eye on it but it's not replicated since. If it does, I will do my best to screenshot it. Is there any kind of game log file I'd be able to send you? I'd suppose the best screenshots to take would be as soon as I notice the issue, and further down when his health bar is significantly lower, with the turn counter being the same. But unless there's some kind of log file I could forward to y'all, I don't know how much a screenshot will tell you how to replicate it.

... Also if my Rat Ogre gets his face owned in the process of said screenshots... do I get a replacement? >.>