Ravens Baracks during Wrydstone hunt

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Fistandantilus, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Fistandantilus Corporal

Message Count:
    During the first time mission of this map, there was a stone on the large 3 story building, at the very top. It was prevent both my human wizards from flying up to the 3rd floor,over 3 turns. After the CPU got the stone, and started down, then the floor became available to flight? And I tried multiple points to get on the floor not just the stones location.

Attached Files:

2. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    We tried replicating this scenario and found that the AI would be blocking the ladder, and Flight of Zimmerman would take the following path: [IMG]

Because the AI is blocking the ladder the wizard can't path up there :(
  3. Fistandantilus Corporal

Message Count:
    Fascinating thats a very plausible reason, I see clearly from my screen shot, its blocked, not sure 2 turns before, but looking at other ai placement could very much be the reason. Strange that a flight spell, in concept would be “blocked” though i see the mechanics of Zimmerman seems to be to have model, have all the needed movement to in effect walk there, instead of “flying”
    Thanks for testing
  4. Shangular Major

Message Count:
    The Flight spell is still limited to an available pathway. It's a valid tactic vs opposing warlocks and captains to block these pathways. For example if a captain attacks you then flies away to an isolated tower like in the above, you could actually place one of your warriors at the base of the ladder and block him from coming down :)
  5. Fistandantilus Corporal

Message Count:
    Yeah, that is a good strategy
  6. Keovar Corporal

Message Count:
    Note:
    A "Barrack" is soldier housing, while "Barack" is the first name of Obama.
    —TMYK
  7. Fistandantilus Corporal

Message Count:
    It's a Obama map, makes it presidential.
    Leave the barracks for canon fodder productions