Researching Units

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Jemma, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Jemma Corporal

Message Count:
    Heyyy guys, exciting stuff!

Due to player feedback (and there has been a lot - thank you and keep it coming!!), we've decided to make the decision to perform analysis and research on a new unit before building it! We feel like this adds more depth to the gameplay and makes the units you already have feel more valuable if you have to go out and discover them yourself. It also adds to the post apocalyptic feel too... you wouldn't just be able to go out and get brand new shiny stuff in the middle of a war zone!

For example; you could research a probe from scratch, which would cost quite a bit of power, or you could analyse wreck of a probe that you already have which would cost less, but you'd have to go and explore to find it to be able to analyse it first which adds a bit of adventure. Both options have advantages and disadvantages depending on how you choose to play, so it's worth trying it out and seeing how it is going to effect your style of play.

We'd also love any feedback you have on this new feature.

[IMG]

The beta is making great progress and we're looking forward to future updates. There will be a lot more to come so look out and stay tuned! :)
  2. Zero_Harker Private

Message Count:
    It definitely makes more sense to research the new blueprints and have them scale with whether or not you have a wreck. Perhaps the research cost should decrease further if you have several wrecks?

Also since the update I've lost all my previous research and blueprints and now I'm sad :')
  3. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Ah.... but you were able to build some before the feature change so still gives you a slight edge over anyone newer
  4. Zero_Harker Private

Message Count:
    They've been removed from my inventory now but everyone I equipped with them still have it :'3 perhaps a 'slight' edge