Rules and how to become a Tester!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Overwatch, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    How's it going every one,

A lot of you are probably seeing this section for the first time, and are wondering what you can and can't post. So let me give you a run through of what will be acceptable and what won't...

1. Make sure you're being respectful in what you put within the Forums. That means being respectful to other members too.

2. If you've got any ideas on what you'd like to see in the game, or what you feel is missing let us know via the "Open Discussion" section where you'll have access to make your own threads.

3. If you want to be involved in testing Mordheim: Warband Skirmish drop me a direct message so that I can tell you about what we'd require from you as a tester, and so that I can get you setup with access to the game.

4. If you've been selected to be a tester 1. still applies. Also make sure that you're being active, we want to see you guys getting involved as much as you can. Even if you haven't got an idea to bring to the table, we still appreciate you pointing out bugs within the game or general improvements that we could make.

Failure to follow any of the rules will result in a warning or potentially a ban, so please keep everything I've said in mind.

With all that being said have fun, relax and make some new friends! I'm eager to see what sort of ideas you can come up with. So feel free to shoot me with any you have.
    Yosefthegod likes this.
  2. Game kNight Private

Message Count:
    I can't wait to see how you guys accomplish this! - First!
    OverWatch likes this.
  3. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    We can't wait to show you all ;)
    Game kNight likes this.
  4. Nigehelm Private

Message Count:
    Saw this for the first time today at the Age of sigmar open day. Looks fantastic!
    Any ideas which warbands will be featured/playable?
    OverWatch and Game kNight like this.
  5. Game kNight Private

Message Count:
    My bet is that they too will be going for the main warbands first: Mercenaries, Skaven, Cult of the Possessed, Sisters of Sigmar, Undead and Witch Hunters.
    OverWatch likes this.
  6. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

Hey Nigehelm, glad you could make it to the Age of Sigmar open day! Awesome that you decided to join us and like the look of Mordheim: Warband Skirmish.

The warbands we currently plan on featuring are:
    • The three Mercenary Warbands we currently have in-game (Reikland, Marienburg, Middenheim).
    • Skaven.
    • Undead.
    • Cult of the Possessed.
    • Witch Hunters.
    • Sisters of Sigmar.
    If there are any changes in this though we will keep the community updated, so just keep an eye out on the Forums and our social media pages. Don't forget as well, if you're interested in becoming a tester for Mordheim: Warband Skirmish head over to the "Open Discussion" section and tell us why you'd like to be selected.
  7. SmartTrigger Private

Message Count:
    And here we go :). Looking forward to it.
    morjax, Game kNight and OverWatch like this.
  8. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

Glad you could make it bud! Welcome
  9. Locan Private

Message Count:
    I have been a big fan of Warhammer fantasy and 40k, but never could find a good group to play Mordheim. I was happy to find that someone was making a game based on the TT. I look,forward to seeing all the possibilities this game could have.
  10. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

If you want to make sure you're updated with all the latest Mordheim: Warband Skirmish news keep active on the Forums, and follow us on social media too! We update both on a regular basis. Have fun on the Forums and feel free to post where you want!
  11. Canticle Van Darq

Message Count:
    I would love to become a tester for Warband Skirmish. I play Mordheim: COTD on Steam and also follow all of MorjaxPlays videos on all Mordeim COTD related content. I have both an android tablet and an iPad.
    morjax and OverWatch like this.
  12. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

Welcome!! I'm guessing you found us from Morjax's YouTube video on Mordheim: Warband Skirmish? If so, that's awesome! If you do want to become a tester and feel like you'd have enough time to point out bugs within the game and leave us feedback on anything you think needs improving, let me know and I'll drop you a message covering the details on how to get you set up.

Apart from that, hope you have fun and feel free to post wherever you like!
    Canticle Van Darq likes this.
  13. Canticle Van Darq

Message Count:

Yes... saw it on Morjax's YouTube... someone has to watch him and keep him in line. I'm retired so plenty of free time and I really love M:CoTD on Steam. So this would be fun helping to test. --Phil.
  14. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

Excellent! Expect a message fairly soon ;)
  15. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    The Truth Hammer Falls! :D
    OverWatch likes this.
  16. IMP Private

Message Count:
    Hi all,

I really like Mordheim. I play CotD a lot. I don't have any chance to play tabletop version (None of the real life friends are interested). I enviously watch and enjoy Gaming with The Cooler's Mordheim Battle Report series. I watched Game kNight's video and loved your game. I hope you gain enough attention and your game become popular. I know I will spread the word.

Also I really want to be a tester.

Thanks in advance...
    morjax likes this.
  17. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Hi IMP and welcome to the Forums!

Like you I didn't get the opportunity to play the board game :( (Unfortunately), for the same reasons mostly... I don't think my friends would be too interested in playing the board game either. That's so awesome, glad you're liking the look of Mordheim: Warband Skirmish so far and it's nice to see where you came from too. We really do appreciate the support and glad you're happy to spread the word... Every bit of support certainly goes a long way.

If you're interested in becoming a tester, just drop me a message and we'll see what we can do to get you hooked up with the latest build.

Hope you enjoy your time here and don't hesitate to join in on the discussions...
  18. Steve Gibbs Private

Message Count:
    Looking forward to being able to play when I travel. Hoping to see some Dwarf and Orc warbands coming out.
    OverWatch likes this.
  19. Yeovil Private

Message Count:
    I love Mordheim, the dark and gritty setting, the amazing warbands, the dark and perilous alleys full of adventure. I am a hardcore Mordheim table top game since the great comet of Sigmar felt on 1999, since them I have been scavenging wyrdstone with my trusty warband of Reiklanders and burning heretics with my crazy Witch Hunters warband. I am really looking forward for the opportunity to play test this version! :)
  20. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

Very warm welcome to the both of ya!

If either one of you are interested in testing out the game at all, just drop me a message. I'll set you up so that you can get right in the action! Make sure that if you are interested though, that you'll have enough time to post any bugs you find / submit any feedback you have for us.
    Steve Gibbs likes this.