Rules and how to become a Tester!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Overwatch, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Lorka Corporal

Message Count:
    Hi mates!

I am a 43 family man, sword fighter, player of games and game developer from Denmark, I have played miniature games, boardgames and tabletop RPGs since the early 80ies.
    I have a special place in my heart for small unit skirmish games with rpg elements. I used to, and sometimes still, play a lot of Necromunda with my friends, an old friend and I have recently re-discovered Tabletop Nordheim, we just had our first four person free for all game last night.

Now I just find this is under development, I would love to help out and test this game.

Cheers
    Lorka
    morjax likes this.
  2. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Hey Lorka and welcome to the forums!

I see you have dropped me a direct message. What I'll do so that you're aware of what we require from our testers is reply to your message telling you exactly how we can get you set up, and what we'd expect from you. In the mean time take a look around the forums and see if any of the discussions that are taking place catch your eye!

It's so awesome to see people still playing the tabletop... When we can we often showcase models that people submit to the forums for #MiniatureMonday on our Twitter page. If you'd like to get involved feel free to take some pictures of your models and post them in the creative section! There is an open thread which you can take part in, many people have already submitted their models and allowed us to use their images (which we're really thankful for you guys are awesome).

P.S. My name's Edward (or Ed) and I run the community side of things here at Legendary Games, as well as marketing and help out with some graphic design where I can.
    Lorka likes this.
  3. bazarba Private

Message Count:
    Hi guys ,
    My name is Bart and I'm a longtime mordheim player from Belgium
    I'd certainly like to see if this turns out to be as good as the tabletop game was and in fact still is so I'm interested in becoming a tester ;-) which is kind of exciting
    Thanks
    Bart
    morjax likes this.
  4. rmhuntley Private

Message Count:
    Hey All.
    Long time Mordheim and Necromunda player. I'd love to see where this goes. Recently the two ppl that I have played w/ for years moved away, so being able to play mobile would be amazing. I am very interested in being a tester if you're still in need of folk.

Roy
  5. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Hey, and welcome to you both!

If you're both interested in testing I'd recommend dropping me a direct message so I can discuss some of the things we'd require from you as a tester, and how to get you set up. Head over to my profile to be able to message me.

Feel free to have a look around the forums and post where you wish, we have many YouTube videos made by testers that you could take a look at to get yourself acquainted with the game before you play!
  6. Tykkefar Private

Message Count:
    Hello

Just signed up for the forums, after watching some of Morjax's playthrough videos.
    31 year old soon-to-be dad from Denmark.
    Have been playing Mordheim since release, some Necromunda and a bunch of other GW miniature games as well as board games in general for the lost 15 - 20 years.
    Have been playing a lot of Mordheim: City of the Damned recently and is very happy with that game. Can't wait for the just announced Necromunda game from Rogue Factor :)

I have a lot of love for GW's universes and for skirmish/RPG games, so this mobile game appeals a lot to me. I would love to help out by becoming a tester. I have both iPhone, iPad and Windows phone available.
    Lorka and morjax like this.
  7. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Very warm welcome to you Tykkefar!

If you'd like to, you can drop me a direct message so that I can run through all the details about testing and what we'd require from you as a tester. Just head over to my profile, click on the "information" tab, and jobs a good'en!
    Tykkefar likes this.
  8. Badseed Private

Message Count:
    Hi all
    I just signed up to the forums.
    I'm a 43 old school gamer job new jersey USA.
    I have fond memories of playing table top
    Warhammer. Can't wait to see the jump to digital. Looking forward to
    Testing an incredible game
    OverWatch likes this.
  9. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

Welcome, Badseed! If you haven't already, shoot OverWatch a private message and he'll hook you up on instructions :)
  10. Bizteck Private

Message Count:
    Good evening all and thanks Morjax for the link on YT.

Well I'm 37 yo geek living in London play tabletop regularly mostly skirmish ones Necro/gorka and of course Mordheim not to mention Bloodbowl too. Have a bunch of warbands. Averlanders ...Orks and Chaos. I like the PC verson but its not quite got the same feel. Unfortunately My PC doesnt travel unlike my ipad / tablet.

I'll PM the Overwatch and look fwd to seeing you in the ruins of Mordheim.
    morjax likes this.
  11. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

Welcome, Bizteck! Looking forward to crossing swords with you in the streets!
  12. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Warm welcome to you Bizteck! And thanks very much for reaching out to me. I've dropped you a reply now.

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner I've been out of the office for the past week unfortunately, due to illness.
  13. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    Get well soon, OverWatch!! If you slow up too much, your warband will go on without you! :p
  14. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    All well and good now, thanks Morjax ;) So it's back to commanding my ragtag men to victory!

Unless I come up against your pesky Warband... I'll most definitely be hiding away in that instance
    Tykkefar and morjax like this.
  15. Jimbo Private

Message Count:
    Hi Overwatch, I'm a keen player of TT Mordheim and would love to become a tester for this.
    morjax and ineptmule like this.
  16. ineptmule Private

Message Count:
    Hey Overwatch - me too! I play at Jimbo's club in London and I'm excited to try the digital version.
    morjax likes this.
  17. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    Welcome, folks! Shoot a private message to OverWatch for more details. Out of curiosity, how did you find out about it? Always interesting to hear where people are coming from.

Glad you're here and can't wait to face off against you in the field!
    OverWatch likes this.
  18. Jimbo Private

Message Count:
    One of our gaming buddies pointed us in this direction
    morjax and OverWatch like this.
  19. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Nice!! Is your friend already signed up?
  20. Bizteck Private

Message Count:

That would be me........avoid them like the plague !!!! Ha ha !
    morjax and OverWatch like this.