Several questions about game mechanics

Chronos

Major
First of all sorry for the questions spam, but I've been playing for some time now and even after a lot of battles there are some points I don't understand:
  1. Completing objectives vs winning the battle: There are many battles where you have to complete some objectives to win, however if you just wipe out the rival gang you also win the battle. But, is there any advantage specially credit-wise for not doing the later? For example, with the loot crates mission it seems that if you win the battle by killing all the enemies you don't get the reputation for remaining crates (15 for crate) you only get the reputation for those crates you looted during the battle. Does this also affect the credits received when in the badlands, for example?
  2. Defending objectives: Some of the battles imply defending some loot or plasma consoles. Defending all of them is usually quite complex while just protecting one of them is much easier. It doesn't seem however to have any impact on the battle outcome how many objectives you protect. Do you get more credits (on badlands missions) or more reputation the more objectives you protect or just focusing on defending one is enough?
  3. Ballistic Skill vs Hit Chances: With weapon skill if you find someone who has very high WS your hit chances are low, so it is worth to increase that skill as much as you can. However with BS it seems like with 40-50 and some skills to avoid cover you will have almost 100% chances of hitting the enemy, so it does even make sense to spend XP once you get to that point? If it works this way, it seems like it is quite easier to level a shooty ganger than a close combat one, as not only you need more WS but you also need to increase Strength, while for shooting you just need to focus on WS and buying a good weapon.
  4. Deflected damage: With my Eschers I have one ganger focused in close combat. She has WS 70, S 40, 3 attacks and carries a chainsword. She usually kills every single enemy she faces, but there are some times when she is almost unable to make any damage, like 12 attacks all of them hitting but just being completely or partially deflected with a total of maybe 1 or 2 damage. How does this work? I'm assuming those enemies have very high armour / hit points, but the best armour I've found so far is +35 defence and when I use it, it doesn't protect near as good as they do. Am I missing something here? What can I do to defeat those enemies? Increase strength and buy a power weapon? By the way, which is the best weapon I should be using for her? Is the chainsword a good option (combined with either a autopistol or a bolt pistol)?

Shangular

Brigadier
1. The only advantage of completing the objective is in the badlands loot missions where more crates = more loot. Other than that, no difference. Often times I smash the opponents instead of the consoles because it’s easier.
2. No. Killing the opponents yields same result.
3. Usually 40 BS is suffice. Higher let’s you get 90 pct when opponent is far away and in cover. I have one guy at 90 BS that always has 90-100 pct chance to hit, but most opponents he faces dodges lol
4. Each successful hit (1 attempt per 10 pts str) has a pct chance to be saved by opponents defense. Some opponents have 70-80 defense with master crafted heavy carapace (64 def) plus the defense skill. I like using power swords instead of chain swords personally.

Chronos

Major
Thanks for the answers!
1. I'm running those badlands missions just for the credits and loot, so then I'm assuming that then for crate missions it is worth to get as many crates as possible as that makes for the most loot instead of killing the whole rival gang, isn't it? I think I've not noticed much difference in credits or loot when getting more crates, but as the outcome is random it is difficult to compare. I will try however to get as many crates as possible from now on instead of focusing on killing the enemies.
2. That's what I thought... So from now on missions are going to be easier. It is just a pity that you are not rewarded for better fulfilling the mission (the same as it is a pity not getting more experience for killing more or achieving objectives)
3. Thanks for confirming this point. For me then it is not worth improving BS beyond actual 40-50 values, that way I keep patrol power low enough so that enemies don't have high dodge values but I'm almost always in the 90% chances of hitting.
4. Just a few days after posting this I got the heavy caparace in the tech bazar for the first time xD so I realized how enemies could get such high defense values. As soon as they included the power sword I swapped the chainsword as it seems quite better (I'm still to test it properly but that -15 additional defense seems like a very good thing against high defenses).

By the way, this is something I was not expecting:
Each successful hit (1 attempt per 10 pts str) has a pct chance to be saved by opponents defense.
I thought strength was used just to increase damage and (maybe) reduce defense. But from what you are saying more strength means more attack attempts? So for example if my base damage is 2 and I have str 40, that means that I won't have a (for example) damage 8 attack but the equivalent to 4 damage 2 attacks each of them with their own chances to hit and being affected by parry and reduced by the enemy's defense? That seems a bit weird to me...
Also, having for example str 35 or even 39 isn't any better than having str 30? Only getting to str 40 makes a difference?