SKAVEN COULD'VE BEEN BETTER THOUGHT OUT.

I'm an Old School WARHAMMER FANTASY ROLEPLAY FAN, I've played since the 1980s. The. artwork maintained its own character for more than a decade. The Skaven are a frightening, dark, filthy species, they made their first major appearance in Advanced Heroquest. Since then, they have become meaner, scarier with each iteration. These Skaven just don't have that feel. They need to look dirty, with textured fur, with a hint of Warpstone powder spread through. I hope that other upcoming Factions will not look so "cartoon like", it just won't feel like Warhammer.
Secondly, perhaps we could've had a choice of Clan; much of the character of the Skaven is tied into the Clan to which they belong. I think you should charge to unlock a Race, but have a few Faction choices, so we have some variation within the Race. Clan Eshin, Clan Moulder, & Clan Skyre would have given for some great variation. Eshin for Stealth, Moulder for their evil technology, & Skyre for brute force. This would mirror Reikland, Marienburg & Middenheim respectively.

Salj

Major
I'm not super into the tabletop but I believe there is only clan eshin in that environment.

I'm not super into the tabletop but I believe there is only clan eshin in that environment.
I bought the Skaven & stopped playing them after my first battle. They just don't feel or look right, not could any of the Skaven available in the burrow use ranged weapons, which goes against the essence of Clan Eshin, whose calling card in Warhammer FRP is Shuriken & Ninja style weapons, brought back from their centuries spent in Cathay & the East.

Salj

Major
That's because they don't have any skills in thrown weapons when they're vanilla did you try upgrading their skills cuz your leader (assassin) can right out of the the gate.

Yah Odins Raven that took me an adjustment period too. My first Skaven warband was only melee. It took me a bit to realize that Verminkin are very adaptable and are quite good at ballistic weapons once you unlock that side of their skill tree. But you have to make a conscious effort to invest in Ballistic Skills for them by buying the Thrown Weapons Attribute, which then gives you access to slings, stars, and throwing knives.