Skaven skills

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by _Q_, Feb 12, 2018.

1. _Q_ Corporal

Message Count:
    Question for Skaven players (or devs)...

Is there a skill that allows skaven to move twice in a turn? I hadn't noticed it before a couple of days ago, but it definitely is happening in my battles against AI skaven recently.
  2. DTay88 Corporal

Message Count:
    It's probably not twice in one turn. If a unit with the highest initiative skips it's turn this delays their actions until the end of the round. They then have the option to go first in the following round. Effectively giving them two turns back to back. It is most noticible with skaven as they can do it with many of their warriors in a turn
  3. _Q_ Corporal

Message Count:
    Nope, it is most definitely twice in one turn.
    On the occasion that prompted my post it was on the 1st turn; several of the high ini skaven had moved before couple of my warband got to take their turns, after which the same skaven had a second move before the rest of my warband (and the few remaining slower skaven) got to take their 1st moves. I definitely had not skipped, and the turn counter was at "1" throughout.

I had wondered if Black Hunger might have something to do with it, as the double-movers all activated it as their 1st action.
  4. _Q_ Corporal

Message Count:
    It has happened again - here are some screenshots...

The 1st shows Bight Bight after his 1st move. He had deployed in the usual zone in the space behind and between the two buildings at the top of the screen and had moved while hidden. I moved my 1st chap within ini range it uncovered him as shown.

The 2nd shows Bight Bight after his 2nd move, after I had moved 4 of my chaps. Note the other 3 skaven, each of whom has also moved twice. Note also the turn counter, showing that both moves definitely took place on the same turn.

Attached Files:

5. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Skaven do have access to a unique skill "infiltrate" it allows them to move twice on turn one. If you see this happen again on turn two it is a bug.
  6. _Q_ Corporal

Message Count:

Thanks - only ever seen this on turn one so no doubt that's what it is. That's a nice representation of the tabletop version of the skill. [insert thumbs up emojii here]
    Ewan Lamont likes this.
  7. arielbelkin Major

Message Count:
    Skaven with very high initiative can go three times in a row. skipping both the extra turn and the first turn, (opponent moves...), then going those two turns plus going first in turn 2. Slap Black Hunger into that and they can cover 48 (!) spaces before you can react.
    _Q_ likes this.