Spell Mechanics?

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Spannna, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Spannna Private

Message Count:
    Hi guys, I hope I've posted this in the right section. I'm a bit confused over the "2nd" phase of spell casting after successfully casting it. I find that a good part of my of my casters offensive spells miss the intended target... Particularly fireball on my warlock and doom/blood siphon on my necromancer... How does the hit chance work? Is it offset by armour, does it require investment in the ballistic skill, etc?
  2. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    Hi Spannna,

The hit chance works by getting the % chance of casting the spell minus any defence bonus from the armour you are wearing. Hope that helps :)
  3. Spannna Private

Message Count:
    Hi Amaan, appreciate the reply and explanation! I can definitely see this mechanic working for my casters. I also have a follow up question to cover my bases. Other than some unique modifiers like Doom having a save roll vs Str. Are spells hit chances also affected by any other stat on the target like their defense skill?
  4. 2mBrick Private

Message Count:

Spell cast chance is also affected by armour, though unless your captain has learned magic this won't matter. Oh, and Arrows (Lesser Magic) DOES use ballistic skill. Beyond that, I can't think of anything.

Hope this helps
    Ewan Lamont likes this.