Spell of Awakening

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Moo, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Moo Private

Message Count:
    So this spell is confusing me in how it is triggered. It seems very random when the icon for the spell makes itself available.

It is supposed to turn a slain enemy into a zombie/corpse, but I can’t seem to figure out the prerequisite for casting it. I thought maybe it had to be that the model was killed in the same turn, or that it had to be killed by my necromancer, but neither of those seem consistent.

I am now starting to wonder if it has to do with whether my necromancer has a “living” pet already or not, but I’m pretty sure it’s not that, because I had a stint where I couldn’t afford to keep replacing my zombies and was playing without (seriously, it’s like the AI was specifically passing Ld tests to kill my zombies and then failing them before I could reanimate them...) and I still wasn’t being offered the option to cast the spell, or it seemed random.

Anyway, if someone could shed some light on this spell, that would be great, cause I really want to consistently raise at least one of my oponents models to fight against them...

Thanks
  2. Trapsinger Brigadier

Message Count:
    When a Living warrior is removed from play the system generates one of three results, which it displays in yellow text over the warrior as they fall. Those three results are Out Of Action (implying they are done for this fight but will be back in the next), Injured (implying they have collected some permanent result that will affect their gameplay, but will fight on after a brief rest), and Dead (implying that the poor soul is gone permanently and won't be coming back).

The Spell of Awaking only works on Living, Humanoids, who have earned the Dead result. It won't work on dogs or rats because they aren't humanoid. It won't work on Vampires or Zombies because they are not Living. It won't work on anyone who is Out Of Action, or Injured, as they are not Dead yet.

Hope that helps.
  3. Moo Private

Message Count:
    Thank you!
  4. Algirdas25 Corporal

Message Count:
    Lel, then Ai can awake my out of action lads