Stealth + thrown weapons

REkzkaRZ

Private
Can you summarize for me which weapons can be thrown?

I saw throwing daggers dont reveal position when hidden.
Is that the only weapon that does this?

Occasionally my team gets shot & I cant see from where.
How does that happen?

I wanted to have one character sneak the map and pickup all the goodies, but rarely can i afford to spare anyone -- even if this worked. But walking the map seems pretty unlikely anyway bc of slowness.

Perhaps a high.level Initiative skill that allows full moves to stay stealthed so long as no attack?

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
Can you summarize for me which weapons can be thrown?

I saw throwing daggers dont reveal position when hidden.
Is that the only weapon that does this?

Occasionally my team gets shot & I cant see from where.
How does that happen?

I wanted to have one character sneak the map and pickup all the goodies, but rarely can i afford to spare anyone -- even if this worked. But walking the map seems pretty unlikely anyway bc of slowness.

Perhaps a high.level Initiative skill that allows full moves to stay stealthed so long as no attack?
Yes, throwing daggers are the only weapon that doesn't reveal your position, currently, and are in fact the only weapon that can be thrown.

This will change with the release of Skaven though (as they have their own set of unique weaponry). They will have a ton of thrown weapons that you'll be able to use, including what I'm most looking forward to, the sling! You'll also find that when Skaven come to the game they are much better at manoeuvring around the map without being seen, as you're able to move at great distances, and are able to hide much easier during turns. This is all due to their reputation of being heavily trained assassins!

If your units are being shot and you can't actually see where the opponent is, that will be because they're out of your visible range. You'll notice that the initiative tab offers a few skills that you can upgrade to improve your viewable distance (including the initiative stat itself). Perception is a skill I'd highly recommend on getting, this doubles the normal range of your units.

If someone is hidden but is within your viewable distance you will notice they come out of hiding as (like you've mentioned) the throwing daggers are the only weapons that can be thrown without revealing your position.

You'll notice that you can move in positions to hide (indicated by the dotted line) so it may be worth you upgrading your movement by getting the "Sprint" skill, which is in the initiative tab.

REkzkaRZ

Private
I think its the perception issue you mentioned, bc I just had a game where my team got shot continuously by people that were never revealed. Was a truly frustrating round!

(One toon was killed, others injured, and it was my 5 toon team vs an 8 toon team which was clearly super-experienced. First time Ive seen a 4x melee attack! Still haven't figured out how they pulled that one off...?)

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
I think its the perception issue you mentioned, bc I just had a game where my team got shot continuously by people that were never revealed. Was a truly frustrating round!

(One toon was killed, others injured, and it was my 5 toon team vs an 8 toon team which was clearly super-experienced. First time Ive seen a 4x melee attack! Still haven't figured out how they pulled that one off...?)
Upgrading your attack twice will give you x2 attacks, you can then get the combat master ability to give you another attack point if you're fighting more than one unit at a time. Frenzy will also give you an extra attack!

Try the perception skill out and see how that works for you...

morjax

YouTuber & Moderator
Staff member
With the proper mix of skills, one unit can get 6 melee attacks in a round, I believe. I am thankful that I've never been on the receiving end of that yet O.O