Suggestion: A Few Player Enjoyability Enhancements

Shangular

Brigadier
Ok, I'l be the first to post in this section.

Loving the game so far. Suggestions:

1) Opponent's power/gang rating: like in Mordheim, could we add the opponent gang's rating when their name becomes visible during a match?

2) Favour Packs: Could you add favour packs that allow to immunity to injury for one week? and double XP? similar to Mordheim

3) Could we add a Setting option to level lock the screen? Sometimes, my ganger is at the bottom level and attacking. But after I hit attack, the screen shows the Level 2 view which blocks the visuals of the attack.

Last edited:

Lamoth

Major
I have to add: Power matchup. I think there will be enough players to be able to reduce the power difference. Instead of a x2 maybe a + -100. In this game a single bolter makes the difference and I think it will not be fun for players who enjoy playing with Juves to be faced with monsters.

This point is already personal and I think not everyone will share it: Worse weapons and less ammunition! It is necromunda not an ultramarines division! We all have masterpieces weapons and enough ammo to finish a ranged game. Anyway, reducing the difference in power in the confrontations, I think I could enjoy with people who share my style of play. Sorry but can't imagine 6 goliath with 6 masterpieced plasmas

Shangular

Brigadier
Sorry but can't imagine 6 goliath with 6 masterpieced plasmas
Not worried about goliaths and plasma guns :p They probably couldn't figure out which end the plasma shoots out from. It's like "What do you do when a goliath throws a grenade at you? You pull the pin and throw it back at them"

Shangular

Brigadier
But in all seriousness, I see a point you make that master crafted weapons seem very readily available. However though, something to consider is that even though they are available, if you're not p2w, they are difficult to acquire for all of your gangers.

Agree with tightening the power rating matchups in the non-Patrol areas.

Last edited:

Lamoth

Major
But in all seriousness, I see a point you make that master crafted weapons seem very readily available. However though, something to consider is that even though they are available, if you're not p2w, they are difficult to acquire for all of your gangers.

Agree with tightening the power rating matchups in the non-Patrol areas.

I think that in the long run it will not be difficult to have them. In the store they go out constantly and it is only necessary to save money or spend credits. I am p2w but I know that in the long run I will only spend money on Customization and xp bonuses (if they include them) I understand that there are people who enjoy playing top gear (I will have 1 or 2 gangs) but the necromunda that I enjoy is with juves, low quality weapons and running out of ammunition. If they don't match the matchmaking, a 500 power squad will face one of 1,000, making a poorly equipped gang unviable.

Yurak

Private
Thinking of enjoyablity improvements

Gang screen - Having some type of list with listing options like Power/Might, Intelligence, Strength, Leadership, Willpower and Injury
So it saves me having to scroll through every fighter until I get the one I want

Shangular

Brigadier
I think that in the long run it will not be difficult to have them. In the store they go out constantly and it is only necessary to save money or spend credits. I am p2w but I know that in the long run I will only spend money on Customization and xp bonuses (if they include them) I understand that there are people who enjoy playing top gear (I will have 1 or 2 gangs) but the necromunda that I enjoy is with juves, low quality weapons and running out of ammunition. If they don't match the matchmaking, a 500 power squad will face one of 1,000, making a poorly equipped gang unviable.
This may be a crazy idea or not sure how much programming work it would entail, but perhaps in the Settings we add a Slider option that allows players to adjust what pct. above their power rating that they are wanting to face? So the slider for example could go from 10% to 100%. So if you want to be able to face opponents twice your rating, slide it up to 100%. Otherwise adjust down accordingly. Some players, such as myself like to face opponents with double ratings (like in Mordheim, the higher the rated opponent the better :) ), especially with my Patrol gang.

farseer

Major
This may be a crazy idea or not sure how much programming work it would entail, but perhaps in the Settings we add a Slider option that allows players to adjust what pct. above their power rating that they are wanting to face? So the slider for example could go from 10% to 100%. So if you want to be able to face opponents twice your rating, slide it up to 100%. Otherwise adjust down accordingly. Some players, such as myself like to face opponents with double ratings (like in Mordheim, the higher the rated opponent the better :) ), especially with my Patrol gang.
and give extra underdog bonuses for beating that giant
but at the same time, be sure there is no reduced injury chance or other softener because you ARE opting to take on a giant willingly.

farseer

Major
Thinking of enjoyablity improvements

Gang screen - Having some type of list with listing options like Power/Might, Intelligence, Strength, Leadership, Willpower and Injury
So it saves me having to scroll through every fighter until I get the one I want
this is a good idea. As we get larger gangers a columned summary would help immensely

farseer

Major
Ok, I'l be the first to post in this section.

Loving the game so far. Suggestions:

1) Opponent's power/gang rating: like in Mordheim, could we add the opponent gang's rating when their name becomes visible during a match?

2) Favour Packs: Could you add favour packs that allow to immunity to injury for one week? and double XP? similar to Mordheim

3) Could we add a Setting option to level lock the screen? Sometimes, my ganger is at the bottom level and attacking. But after I hit attack, the screen shows the Level 2 view which blocks the visuals of the attack.
1. YES! this please. Can i ask 1000X for this again?

2. Agreed, but is it needed now at launch?

3. YES! This is an ongoing issue everygame i play. Please have a setting somewhere to lock levels unless we click the level button to show it.

farseer

Major
and as a side note, this game is not really p2w. I hate the term because it and Paywall are terms most people use without understanding what they actually mean. They are used more often to give a negative perception to a game that players can spend money on, but they dont want to, they want all apps free which is bullcrap. True P2W is paying to gain advantage over ALL other players that I will PLAY against, including those that dont pay.

This game has a system that is designed to have you play like leveled opponents whether you pay or not. So if i grind, i will only play against people in my gangs class of power. So in theory Shangular and I techniclaly will never play each other. He maxed out his gangs by paying extra cash to level up faster. His gangs power level is beyond mine so he did not pay to win over me. He payed to progress faster and play people of similiar rating. Paying does not incease likelhood of winning in this game because it only increases the caliber of opponent you face.

Plus can you truly win on Necromunda? I mean Necromunda is an endless cycle of misery that allows a few lucky to make a name for themselves in order to rise above the filth, until they are cutdown by a rival's blade or gunfire. Your then left to be food for the sump and forgotten in a few cycles time. Is that winning? :)