Suggestion: Ambush Skill

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Gurslak, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Gurslak Corporal

Message Count:
    I'll start by saying I love the Ambush skill, it's great. So great that I, like many others I assume, created a warband around it, but it's also flawed. Why can a member with this skill target hidden enemies? The new version is how I assumed the original would work and is an improvement on the original version with game balance in mind, but it shouldn't be able to target hidden characters. Remove that aspect and its a perfectly balanced skill in my opinion.

Also, this point may be moot as it has only occurred to me once and that was a fair while ago, I lost a member to the Ambush skill before the game even started! My guy deployed near the enemy, within range and line of sight of them and was instantly shot the moment he spawned. Turn one hadn't even started. This should also not be possible and was hopefully a bug.
  2. Cypher Corporal

Message Count:
    Was your opponent Skaven? If so they may have used Infiltration and been able to hide close to your deployment zone. I once spawned so close to the enemy I actually killed them all on my turn one because I moved into position during Infiltration turn. They didn't even get a turn. High move and iniative with infiltration and some luck is the embodiment of blitzkrieg.
    Deadhiel likes this.
  3. Gurslak Corporal

Message Count:
    No. I was Skaven and the opposing side were Reikland Mercs called The Red Army.
  4. Deadhiel Corporal

Message Count:
    I’ve survived many ambush matchups because every member of my Skaven WB has infiltration and high Initiative. It turns the ambush into a bloodbath especially if I have giant rats as fodder. Every Skaven WB should have infiltrate.. it’s one of our strongest advantages.
  5. Gurslak Corporal

Message Count:
    That's all true, but you can't infiltrate if your dead. I was shot the moment I spawned, not moved, spawned.
    Besides, this is the minor point in this thread, which is about the Ambush skill, not the scenario and how it shouldn't be able to target hidden characters.
  6. Wizard9er Corporal

Message Count:
    I too am not sure how the Ambush works now... I have two screen shots, the first one shows how I was able to Ambush an enemy who was completely blocked by a wall, and a glitch gave me a only 20% chance to hit him again when it was my turn... But Ambush him I did

ambush2.png

In this other screen shot the enemy is no more than 6 spaces away with a 66% chance to shoot him on my turn, but Ambush did not trigger because he is standing behind a barrel that only covers his knees????!?!?? So why did a 20% shot trigger an ambush but a 66% chance did nothing?

ambush1.png