Suggestion: Changes to Gromril Armor

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by TheRoyalOwl, Nov 27, 2018.

1. TheRoyalOwl Private

Message Count:
    As you know Gromirl weapons are some of the best and costly pieces of equipment you can acquire, but Gromirl Armor is quite garbage. It has double the price of templar plate armor, but only adds an extra +5 to defence. I think it should have an extra bit added to it to make it worthy of spending ~720 on. I don't think you shoukd add more defence more like add some kind of stat boost like +_ to critical hit. Maybe jusr lower the cost of tth armor. Really anything would help solve this predicament.
  2. FlaminGallahs2089 Corporal

Message Count:
    The idea is the cost will rise exponentially.
    In a scenario like mordheim everyone is gonna want the best, so think of it like you have to outpay those marienburgers who will pay top dollar for the best protection.
    Similar to how real world shops work out there prices
    Supply vs Demand, less gromil than other armour but more want it.

If youve used gromil also you will understand it is by far the best armour, even though its only +5
  3. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    I think that Gromril armor is a solid upgrade over full plate, and I work hard to get it. My one complaint, and the one change I would make to it, is that in tabletop it was weightless like ithilmar. (no movement penalty to wear it with a shield). I think making it actually weightless in this game is too extreme, but lowering it to weight 2, so that with armor training and a shield you got full movement? that would be nice.
  4. Shangular Major

Message Count:
    I would caution any improvements to gromil armor from a balance perspective. Right now, many warbands use mauls and hammers because it negates high defenses. If gromil were to be improved, even in weight reduction where people can use shields without any drawbacks, then it makes all "non-hammer/maul" weapons obsolete as they won't be able to do any damage. It would be nice to see more warbands use a variety of weapons, like in the TT version versus all mauls.
  5. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    You think gromril is a problem in general? Do you realize that a Vampire can get to 105 defense currently in the live game? A Middenheimer with max weapon skill, max strength, and a two handed axe can't even wound him at all, because he auto passes every armor check. Non hammer weapons are already obsolete.
  6. Igenham Corporal

Message Count:
    I agree that it is too bad that hammers have become the only viable option for the PvP, because the interesting mix of weapons was one of the fun part of the game.

Also, remember that in the TT game, your strength would mitigate armor (not so much in this game as it only affects the dmg)...
  7. FlaminGallahs2089 Corporal

Message Count:
    Maybe a buff to other weapons?
    Would make the game a lot deadlier and run quicker...
    Though someone like the Reiklanders may not enjoy this as the lack of stealth would hurt alot more...