Suggestion: Clearer Labeling on Leadership Skills

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Trapsinger, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    This is a multipronged suggestion based on my experience with the Bug I have listed with the Halfling Cookbook.

The Halfling cookbook is clearly labeled "If equipped by leader" but there are several other skills that also require that, such as Battle Tongue, and apparently Streetwise, and Haggle. I think that all of these skills/items would benefit greatly from a more clear labeling in the description that said something along the lines of "This only has an effect when used by the current Leader of your warband."

Further, the skill Battle Tongue says it improves the range of your Leader skill by 6 inches, but there is no way to look up the Leader skill to see what it is or does, because it's not actually a skill or a stat. Clearer labeling on this would also help to clear up any confusion by new players on the use and selection of these skills.

Also, though less critically, I'd like to suggest that the description of the halfling cookbook could probably do with an article before leader. Such as "if equipped by (your/the/a/one's) leader"

So mostly I'm just asking for clarity and consistency in the skill descriptions, which you guys have been great about on the newer items like the halfling cookbook and the elven cloak.
  2. FlaminGallahs2089 Corporal

Message Count:
    Actually currently my necro has halfling booklet even though he isnt leader its still working (I have a vamp who leads now).
    And somewhere I read leadership currently has a range of 6, and that it makes the leaders leadership level becomes all around him (the range of his ability).
    Though i always down for clearer labelling
  3. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    So, I actually think that this is a perfect example, and that it helps to prove my point. Because the Halfling Cookbook is labeled, but it still doesn't work how we think it should.

Although it makes me wonder why I can't get it to work at all in my warband. Maybe both of your guys have the Leader skill and none of mine do?

but still! better clarity for leadership skills!

edit: yes I assumed that the base Leader skill is range six as well, but not because of anything in the app, I know that because that's what it is in the tabletop rulebook.
  4. FlaminGallahs2089 Corporal

Message Count:
    Necro starts off leader for undead,
    As soon as Vampire purchased he takes over.
    (My undead warband is perculiar in many ways as the next starts out with 8xp)
    So they are both classified as leaders I think but vamp is captain.

I have never played Tabletop, so I must of read it on here or in tutorial, none the less it would be nice for further clarrification or somewhere where the info is all organised and easily accessible to avoid over loading the screens with text.