[Suggestion] Faster Text

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by Cindy Chen, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Cindy Chen Private

Message Count:
    Due to my impatient nature, the text to me appeared too slow in this specific scene:[IMG]

There should be a fast forward button implemented somewhere. Not a skip button so that the player is still being forced to read it.
  2. Southclaw Private

Message Count:
    Yeah this annoyed me. Not sure if it was the game or the slow system I was playing on at the time!
    Either a general speed up or a speed up button would be great to see.
  3. Oliver Kirkwood Private

Message Count:
    I felt the same after playing the game. I like the idea of having a fast forward button rather than a skip button as people will still follow the story.
  4. Terry Private

Message Count:
    I found that the start button then on the next screen the continue button can be pressed, it is a bug either way, bug if you aren't allowed to click it and a bug if you can press it as it is then blanked out as if you cant.
  5. MoonlightHope28 Private

Message Count:
    I think an option in the settings to speed up text could be a good addition, also could be used to turn a tutorial on or off if someone has played the game before.
  6. Gavin Rummery
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Um, this screen only appears once ever. You never get to see it ever again, and there are no other screens with text that writes out like that. It's effectively a one-off animation to represent the computer rebooting and coming back online.

But we register your annoyance that the speed is too slow, so we'll look at making it a bit quicker!
  7. Southclaw Private

Message Count:
    Ah thanks, I was wondering if this was a common type of cut-scene in the game but that answers that! Good to hear :)