Suggestion for movement

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Sierra19, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Sierra19 Corporal

Message Count:
    I have a suggestion for movement to make it a little clearer/easier for players to understand the movement mechanics. For each movement point you characters move, perhaps a large dot could be used, to denote your movement points. And for marksmen, perhaps change the dots/lines to red, indicating they won't be able to shoot with their equipped ranged weapon. This would have to be based on skills too, as some skills allow you to move and shoot black powder weapons, for instance. Just a thought for implementation farther down the road, in a later update.
    OverWatch likes this.
  2. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    As it stands walking / running is indicated through the different lines we have in-game:
    Solid line = Running
    Dotted line = Walking

Example of running / walking:
    gif.gif

If you're running with a ranged weapon you will not be able to fire on the same turn (unless you have the skills to do so)
    If you're walking you can fire your ranged weapon in the same turn (but will not be able to move as far)

Thanks for the feedback any way! There's room for configurations so if you have any more thoughts just let us know...
  3. Sierra19 Corporal

Message Count:
    The idea I was aiming for was some type of visual graphic on how far you COULD move, and still shoot your bow/ect... It look as though you can currently creep up to move 3 (assuming your total move is four), but how far can I move my marksman and still have him shoot with his bow? That's where some sort of movement indicator would come in handy. That's what I was trying to express with the various possible movement icons or colors. If I move my my marksman, will I still be able to shoot? Those are things various icons could help out a bit.
    OverWatch likes this.