[Suggestion] Friend System Adjustment

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by MaddieWilmot, Jan 6, 2014.

1. MaddieWilmot Private

Message Count:
    It would be nice for the ability to add a player by their player name rather than having to ask for their email in order to become friends with one another. Alternatively both systems could run side by side for referrals and in game friend requests.

On a side note after sending a request and receiving one through emails. Me and another player have still yet to receive emails after a number of hours. But the friend request has been accepted for us both.
    Jonathan Rogers likes this.
  2. Jonathan Rogers Private

Message Count:
    This was between me and Maddie, but I wasn't sure whether that was how the system was supposed to work or not. Either way there should be an in game friend request system as people make the game on the private emails and may not want them to be disclosed.
  3. Gavin Rummery
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Thanks for the feedback. The assumption was that mostly people would be inviting friends who weren't playing yet, but I think it would be a good idea to allow people to connect by username too as you suggest.

As for the missing emails, we'll need to look into that. It is probably because you were both online when the request was sent, so it would have suppressed the email thinking you'd be informed in-game. But that may have the side effect that you didn't actively accept the request right?
  4. Jonathan Rogers Private

Message Count:
    Pretty much, basically I added Maddie using his email first and when he didn't recieve an email I suggested that he tried adding me through mine. After about 10 minutes we were both friend within the game with nothing to let us know that this had happened other then physically checking!
  5. Gavin Rummery
    Administrator

Message Count:
    OK that definitely needs looking at. Thanks for the bug report!
  6. Jonathan Rogers Private

Message Count:
    [IMG]
    [Update] After just logging onto the game I read through the messages and if you noticed I actually have an invite from Maddie. I havent accepted it yet we are still freinds! So I guess it does notify you but you dont have to accept if you cross add each other.