Suggestion: Guilds

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Wizard9er, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Wizard9er Corporal

Message Count:
    I know adding a whole new mechanic for Guilds might be a bit of a programming nightmare to have
    special content for Guild chat rooms Guild Raids etc etc... But here on this site we already have a Forum setup, so it might be simple to start here and slowly integrate the forums into the game, that way we can already have our Guild communities established among ourselves.

Maybe just a simple screen in the main menu to check your Guild messages that are linked to your Guild's Forum page here to start with... Then later adding Guild Specific Content like special raids, PVP options, special gear or costume options so every Warband in the Guild can wear the same uniform...

Just planting a seed so that maybe it will grow some day
    Deadhiel likes this.
  2. Gurslak Corporal

Message Count:
    Yeah, let's turn it into another generic clone of WoW or some such and add completely unrelated content, that'll be great! I'd rather they just concentrate on fixing current issues and releasing the remaining core Warbands...come on the Possessed!
  3. Wizard9er Corporal

Message Count:
    Since the name of the Game is about Warbands, which implies people banding together for war, I fail to see how Guild functions are unrelated content.

Like I said... I am just planting a seed, I have full confidence the developers are working on the balance issues.

PVP is already a part of the game, adding guilds would increase the competition.

There is already a store full of equipment and uniforms, adding more options would not break the game.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, and with it comes a plethora of possibility
  4. FlaminGallahs2089 Corporal

Message Count:
    Personally I definetly want the a rival mechanic added.
    Say you verse a team 3 times in PVP it gets added as a rival (can romove it if you want to)
    You can challenge them, and it keeps a win/loss count.

Guilds seem a bit far out, but I wouldnt mine it, though guild raids seem illogical, but if the devs could find a way to add it in the future positively I am all for it.
    Though making a super large match and having a 3v3 would be epic.
  5. Gurslak Corporal

Message Count:
    Not every game on the app store needs a guild function. I really don't see the need for it and would rather the time be spent on other aspects of the game.
    Auretious Taak likes this.
  6. Gurslak Corporal

Message Count:
    Not every game on the app store needs a guild function. I really don't see the need for it and would rather the time be spent on other aspects of the game.
  7. Auretious Taak Corporal

Message Count:
    Mordheim is based on the tabletop game that has beena round for 20 odd years now and still has a massive communityw orldwide. There were never guilds. there were factions - Marienburgers, Reiklanders, Undead, Cult of the Possessed, etc, but not guilds. You were literally a small band of warriors that would go into the ruins to recover wrydstone/warpstone to sell to your patron who would represent the interests of the higher power overseeing their entire factions movements into and out of the city. Set 500 years before Warhammer Fantasy Battle at the time, itw as a completely different setting, all the mercenary factions were literally gettingw rydstone to increase the power of their nominee for the trhone of the empire as there was no emperor at the time and reikland, Middenheim and Marienburg were the 3 most likely candidates to succeed.

The game never had a guild mechanic and it was and remains one of the charms. It is in the background, nothing more.

You want to start a guild? Do it on the forums. You want same coloured warband set ups - you can do that, crack a trhead and decide what to wear colour wise. Do youw anta signature grunt, weapon, or style? Decide on the forums and then translate it ingame. There are leaderboards so you could have something in the names of yoru warbands to signify guild alleigiance. You just do it all via the forums. It's not hard, infact it is easy to do. The game doesn't need it as an integrated mechanic, it would just take away from what the game is.
    Cypher and _Q_ like this.
  8. Wizard9er Corporal

Message Count:
    Ok ok, I get it, I know that no one is asking for another WOW clone game lol

Yes, there is already a forum for this game, all i suggested in my OP was to add it to the menu screen of the game too... Just to start at least.

Yes, it is possible for players to wear the same uniforms already, but adding a few more graphics for uniforms and visual styles of equipment wont break the game. They can have the same stats as regular equipment but look spiffy'er

Yes there are currently balance issues in the game, once those are resolved, PVP will be a viable aspect of the game again. Simple and basic "guild " functions in the game will increase competition. At this stage of brain storming, the generic term "guild raid" could mean nothing more than opening a menu screen and seeing who is available for PVP. Simple as that.

No, PVP should not take away from the main focus of level building and resource gatherings which is standard PVE. The term "guild" could just be the tavern or place where all Undead go to see who is online, or all Skaven go to the same place etc etc

Terms like "guild leader" could be replaced with game world words like "patron" who is the one who would represent the interests of the higher power overseeing their entire factions movements into and out of the city

Ultimately it is up to the developers,but i think it would only increase the playability of the game if done correctly of course
  9. Gurslak Corporal

Message Count:
    No, it won't. It will simply add more functions and graphics that aren't in keeping with the game and are totally unnecessary to enjoy the experience of playing.
  10. Shangular Corporal

Message Count:
    It's an interesting concept for this game. One potential way to implement is for "guilds" to have control of territories on the map. Perhaps extra bonuses and perks for fighting on the map as well as potentially giving the controlling guild access to equipment unique to that map.

I can see the point that if you're comparing to the table-top, guilds aren't necessary, but the mobile app plays differently. For example in the table top, you most likely will play a campaign which is based on a certain time frame (4 - 8 weeks) and at the end a winner is crowned and the campaign is over. In the app, you continually play so potential guild-like systems can work if done correctly.

Of course a guild system requires the app to also have a chat system and potentially a significant overhaul of the current game engine so long term idea. However, I think the current barrier today to having guilds is the lack of active players. Looking at the top 15, a majority of them seem to no longer play. My warband only ever sees one other warband that is active in PVP. It wouldn't be fun if there were only 2 guilds.

But I agree there are immediate priorities that I'd like to see before something like this is built, such as adding all the base warbands for example.
  11. Wizard9er Corporal

Message Count:
    That is the beauty of these discussion forums, we all get a voice in trying to make sure this is something worth adding to the game

We don't want Factions / "guilds" / War Councils / what ever you want to call it to require a massive overhaul to the game and take away from the normal PVE against the AI bots... Just better ways to build community and competition.