Suggestion: Halfling Pimp

Jesse Shaffer

Brigadier
Let’s be real. There’s more to life than thugin’ for shards. There’s also pimpin’ for gold! Just give the Witch Hunters' coat (from the Coat and Cuirass) and their agent's hat to a standard halfling, change the colors to neon, and we'll have ourselves one superfly pimp! The game honestly doesn't need a real abduction system to meaningfully add kidnpping. With some minor adjustments for mobile (and modern times) the game could have the greatest hired sword ever.

HalflingPimp 02.jpg

Our man should be more egalitarian (and useful) than on TT. At the start of each battle, the pimp can mark one of the opposing player's models, regardless of gender. Ererybody made o’ meat! If the pimp lands the final blow putting the mark out of action, then the mark is captured. A copy of that model should appear in the pimp's inventory as an AI controlled pet for up to three matches. Ain't nobody got time fo' stale merchandise! Abduction could be treated similarly to an injury for the opposing player. Unless they pay a ransom of 1 fate (or view an ad), the model would be unavailable for three consecutive matches. In camp, the abductee could just appear greyed out to distinguish it from dead or just
altogether absent.

Since abductees (courtesans) are required to stay within 6 units of the pimp, their constrained behavior would make them less effective than they would otherwise be when AI controlled. They’d still be a heck of a lot of fun though! I haven’t seen the code but hopefully balancing would just be a matter of applying some scalar less than one to the courtesan's rating and temporarily adding that value to the abducting warband's rating.

There wouldn’t be any gear stealing, of course, but ain’t no one gonna care when their halfling’s bottom hoe can be an ogre or a vampire! That seems like a fair-trade off in principle anyway.

Here's the ruleset from table top:
IMG_8012.jpeg

Last edited:

studer1972

Corporal
agreed on more gear for halflings and a+1 for adding pink to the color palette, but not so much for the sex trafficking. I know mordheim is not a place that follows modern social mores, but...

Jesse Shaffer

Brigadier
agreed on more gear for halflings and a+1 for adding pink to the color palette, but not so much for the sex trafficking. I know mordheim is not a place that follows modern social mores, but...
...but it is in the tabletop version of the game. ;) Besides, it’s really just an excuse to use Pit Fighters, Elves, etc. as pets which would be totally awesome.

The premise of the game, morally speaking, is basically murder for greed. It’s important to remember that. By comparison, what I proposed (where people are eventually let go) is relatively tame—especially since it’s being done to murderers and thugs who would have, presumably, otherwise been killed.

Ergo, I’m saving them! :D

Mork

Major
Ah, these rules are originally Mordheim?
I thought they were some kind of fan-project-rules.