Suggestion: How to make the Freelancer a good hired sword

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by CzaRus, Nov 20, 2019.

1. CzaRus Corporal

Message Count:
    Many, if not all of the playerbase with some experience will ignore freelancers, and will rather hire Pit fighters, Ogres or Dwarves to fight in melee. Why is that so?

Pit fighters = Freelancer with better starting skills (Pit fighter, Advanced weapon mastery) + speed skills.
    Ogres = Extremely high wounds, strenght and movement + extra attack.
    Dwarves = Extreme WS and attacks , special skills (Hard to kill, Monster slayer, Berserker, Furious charge).

Freelancer = Your average Hans with armour you can buy yourself cheaper, and a medium quality weapon. He can't use ranged weapons properly.

He is simply the worst option of them all, none last through long run. My ideas to fix this:

- Give him ballistic skills, he is a noble for Sigmar's sake! Nobles are known for having fun hunting animals etc. so why no guns?

- Add special skill: Half-swording
    Dependacies: Master swordsman
    Gives -15 Enemy Defence when using swords
    //When enemy is all encased in steel, head to toe, this young noble uses techniques from the newest combat manusripts and manuals. He grabs his sword by the blade, and aims for the gaps of his opponent's armour, making his thrusts many times as lethal//

- Add special skill: Absolute weapon mastery
    Dependacies: Advanced weapons mastery, Basic weapons mastery
    Gives increased reach of all two handed weapons, and critical hits +10
    //Traditionally, young nobles are taught to wield various weapons of war, including all kinds of polearms, swords, axes, and many, many more to perfection//

- Add special skill: Duelist
    Dependacies: 50 WS
    Gives + 10 WS when fighting only 1 opponent at a time
    //Duelling is a must-have skill in a society like the one of the Empire. Young nobles are often taught this art in order to help them overcome some of the many difficulties society has to offer//

(In case BS were added)
    - Add special skill: Master Hunter
    Dependacies: BS 50
    All guns and crossbows cause 1 extra damage point if BS test is passed
    //Nobles get often bored, and one of the solutions to this problem becomes the art of hunting wild animals, which many times resolves to mastery of this art//

I know my ideas and dark wishes are really idyllic and hard to achieve, but I think we'll all be glad to have this unit "unique" and usefull at the same time. Thanks for an amazing game.
    With regards
    Perl Fisher and studer1972 like this.