Suggestion: Map stuff

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Trapsinger, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    I think you guys missed a real opportunity to have a docked ship be part of the map for quayside. With like an aft-castle as a second level (maybe a forecastle too), and a mast in the middle with a crows next, room for like two or four guys like the crates in the cemetery. If you do another map with a dock, i think that would be neat to see, with like a gangplank to board the ship.

Also just to shake things up I'd love to see an Empire in Flames map, from just outside of town. Maybe with some farmland and/or some forest. Some cows in a field or some horses in a stable, that had 1 hp, and you could kill them if you wanted. They wouldn't need to fight back or drop anything (maybe hides or meat worth 1 gold) I just think it would be cool to see them. Throw in a farm house, or some big old trees as terrain. Would be great if you could make rolling hills, that were high enough to block line of sight, but that you could walk up from any side without having to look for a ramp or a climb point.

Would also be cool to see an underground map eventually, either the sewers from inside Mordheim, where the skaven live, or like an orc cave from outside of town.
  2. Sean Private

Message Count:
    I'd like to see more map options available at the lower levels. I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong, or if I'm just really bad :p, But it takes me a long time to improve my war-bands, and I get tired of seeing the same maps.. Whereas I get the impression that there are several maps, like quayside, that I've never gotten good enough to unlock!
  3. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    Yeah, I've never gotten to the magic quarter they talk about sometimes either. Quayside unlocks at about 1500 warband rating. If you just want to boost your rating in a hurry to see the maps, then invest skill points in + Attacks, Combat Master, and Unstoppable Charge, they give the most rating points. Also Gromril Great Swords, and Hochland Long Rifles give a huge boost.
  4. FlaminGallahs2089 Corporal

Message Count:
    I got to 3500 with one undead warband,
    Well one vampire (being 3000 rating on his own)
    If your willing to buy factions, the vamp can carry you to a high rating to see other maps.
    Though honestly I never know which map I am on...
  5. TheRoyalOwl Private

Message Count:
    I'm kinda disappointed with the new "mission" aspect, as it takes a lot more time to see maps. Don't get me wrong i like the missions, but get annoying after a while. That and some are really hard at times, like imperial stables would sometimes give me pretty big warbands to defeat.
  6. Shangular Major

Message Count:
    I'd love to see more maps as well that offer different feels like mentioned above. Another idea could be one set inside the Palace itself. So the entire map would represent being inside a huge building and fighting room to room. Perhaps multi-level as well.

Also the Pit really does need its own unique map such as a huge crater in the center.
  7. Jesse Shaffer Corporal

Message Count:
    It doesn’t seem to me like the devs are particularly interested in creating new maps unless those maps are almost entirely comprised of existing assets. This is a mobile game after all. One way the devs could add new life to exsisting maps would be to occasionally add small patches of fog or terrain pieces like the Numinous Occulum to the match. Those comparatively simple changes would significantly reduce monotony in a way that could also add some real excitement. Just a thought.
  8. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    As far as making use of existing resources, since there are already Fences, Grass, Trees, Impassable Water, and Houses, I feel like we could make a rural area pretty effectively with maybe a river through it, without adding more resources (although some crops would be nice). Along the same lines we already have some good stone floors and stairs and...columns? statues? I think? correct me if i'm wrong. That could probably make a good interior location like the Temple of Sigmar, or a Palace.
  9. Jesse Shaffer Corporal

Message Count:
    I was thinking that farm houses would need to different from regular city houses but I suppose they don’t have to be. Since this is a Mordheim game, the farm would probably be a dirt farm, lol, but I’d love it if there were crops and living animals (that I could murder for XP). Actual flowing water on some of the maps would be beautiful but then the game probably wouldn’t run on as many devices.

They could totally build a wooded area right on the edge of town though that could be loads of fun. It would probably be fairly easy for them to also make a ‘Murder Alley’ or some other mood darkening place just by adding bloodstain and graffiti textures. There are some perfect places in the game already for them to do that.

Lastly, an excellent Temple of Sigmar could be made using exsisting assets and baking in heavy shadow.