Suggestion: Modify the Risk of being Attacked pct. in Territories

Shangular

Brigadier
While I fully support that each territory has a chance to be attacked as this is the underhive, I don't agree that each level increase of a territory should result in an additional 10% increase of being attacked. I just got a Level 5 Drinking Hole and this now has a 50% chance of being attacked. So if I happen to get this to a Level 9 (territory levelling is random so its possible), it will have a 90% chance of being attacked? You're going to make gangers forgo drinking and fight sober, that's not right :) Even 50% seems too high.

Want to propose the suggestion that if you Win the Patrol match - thus driving off opposing gangers, that the max chance of being attacked in your other territories is capped at 10 or 20% regardless of level. If you lose, then yes it reverts back to the normal percentages such as 50% above as your patrol failed to fend off the encroaching gang.

Reactions: SDT

farseer

Major
While I fully support that each territory has a chance to be attacked as this is the underhive, I don't agree that each level increase of a territory should result in an additional 10% increase of being attacked. I just got a Level 5 Drinking Hole and this now has a 50% chance of being attacked. So if I happen to get this to a Level 9 (territory levelling is random so its possible), it will have a 90% chance of being attacked? You're going to make gangers forgo drinking and fight sober, that's not right :) Even 50% seems too high.

Want to propose the suggestion that if you Win the Patrol match - thus driving off opposing gangers, that the max chance of being attacked in your other territories is capped at 10 or 20% regardless of level. If you lose, then yes it reverts back to the normal percentages such as 50% above as your patrol failed to fend off the encroaching gang.
I agree to this somewhat. If you win your patrol Mission it should reduce the % of being attacked at other territories.

However, this might be "gamed " to an extent if the adjustments are too much. Right now if your Patrol has less gangers (or less power, not 100% yet) than your other territories the % chance to be attacked increases For instance i have all Level 1 territories on one of my gangs. If i put one ganger in Patrol, the % to be attacked in the others with more gangers goes from 10% to 40%, a 30% penalty. That makes sense to me. But if i put the single Uberganger in patrol and he wins all the time, and that win reduces the % to be attacked by too much, then I think that hurts the intent.

So whatever might be adjusted for higher level territories needs to consider this as well.

Shangular

Brigadier
But if i put the single Uberganger in patrol and he wins all the time, and that win reduces the % to be attacked by too much, then I think that hurts the intent.

So whatever might be adjusted for higher level territories needs to consider this as well.
Also keep in mind that a Uberganger will most likely also face other uberganger gangs. Currently I farm with a 1600 - 2000 power rating gang (depending on the equipment setup) and I always face gangs with an ubergangers in them. They are AI controlled so easy to beat, but once more players develop or p2w there gangs, there will be more Live Battles with high power ratings. Thus a super gang may not always win as in this game as PvP is forced upon you lol

Ewan Lamont

Administrator
Staff member

We tried something like this in Alpha but it actually feels worse as if things start to go bad they go really badly! You end up getting a knife in the guts after just being punched in the face. The chance of being attacked in resource spaces should relate to how strong a patrol you put out. If you send more people it should go back to 10.

farseer

Major
We tried something like this in Alpha but it actually feels worse as if things start to go bad they go really badly! You end up getting a knife in the guts after just being punched in the face. The chance of being attacked in resource spaces should relate to how strong a patrol you put out. If you send more people it should go back to 10.
just included you on a PM that is somewhat related to this thread.

Shangular

Brigadier
The chance of being attacked in resource spaces should relate to how strong a patrol you put out. If you send more people it should go back to 10.
But that unfortunately isn’t how it’s working right now. I always send a full 4 man patrol squad. But each territories’ chances of attacks is always 10 pct per level. Here’s an example.
9DA3B07A-8531-4620-8E91-3EF055BD2507.jpeg

Shangular

Brigadier
Also another issue is the Scrap Zone. This needs to be capped at level 6 because there is no point of a level 7 or 8 scrap zone so 2 of my territory gains have been wasted.

But perhaps maybe if there was a reduced cost to buying skill points for any level past 6 then this could be okay. For example 10 pct cumulative reduction of credit cost for experience past level 6 territory.

Vraxious

Private
I agree with this whole heartedly. It also seems bugged, seems to get attacked by same teams every round, same mission and always on hub. And overpowering teams at that.

more appropriately would be increase chance of territory attack if we fail the patrol, succeeding patrol should greatly reduce our chances if being attacked.

also, if we were just attacked in a zone we should be attacked in any other zones that cycle. It annoying as hell to succeed my patrol, defend my hab, defend my mine that randomly get jacked in the bazaar.