Suggestion: Preserving Witch Hunter Uniqueness

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Jesse Shaffer, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Jesse Shaffer Corporal

Message Count:
    The picture below is of one of my warband's flagellants and I'm going to miss him. I'm not going to dismiss him. I'm going to give him a Comet Maul. The problem with that is that a flagellant without a flail isn't much of a flagellant is he? Beyond a certain level in Witch Hunter warbands, these guys will disappear altogether and that's a shame. In fact, I'm already seeing that now.

What I propose is an Advanced Flail, requiring Advanced Weapons Training, with the same stats as a Comet Maul. That wouldn't effect the balance at all and would go a long way towards preserving some of their uniqueness.

IMG_2040.jpeg
  2. Oscar Junior Programmer

Message Count:
    This is a good point, I will mention this to the rest of the team and see if some sort of advanced flail can be added.
  3. Igenham Corporal

Message Count:
    Agreed that a better flail would be nice... But as there is no initiative penalty with the flail, it is still a little different from a typical TH weapon.

One thing that could be added to flails (this is somewhat historical) is ignoring the enemy parry and/or shield bonuses (at the Mastery lvl). This is because these weapons curl around swords and shields, limiting their effectiveness.

Just as an idea
  4. Jesse Shaffer Corporal

Message Count:
    While a standard flail doesn’t have an initiative penalty, I figured that an advanced flail probably should by virtue of it being advanced—especially if the rest of its stats were identical to a Comet Maul’s. With that said, ignoring enemy parry and shield bonuses could be a very fun mechanic that could definitely add some flavor.
  5. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    They need that mechanic of bypassing parry for the steel whip also, so it's not a bad time to think about adding it.