Suggestion: Single Player Campaign Story DLC

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Trapsinger, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Trapsinger Brigadier

Message Count:
    I would absolutely pay you guys for story based mission packs, where we got to play against a specific warband, for say something like three missions, where we got to explore what that warband was doing in mordheim by fighting against them, and maybe had it unlock a new map at the end. Also the "boss" fight at the end of the three missions could be a warband led by the Agent for the warband that you see at the camp screen.

For example:

We pay X Fate (five dollars ish? more?) And the a new option at the town crier becomes, "Campaign Against the Reiklander 1" And when you click on it the mission the description turns into a little blurb about what the reiklanders are doing in mordheim, and how you plan to stop them. Then you start the mission and it has a custom story based starting set up for the AI warband, and maybe one or two dialogues when you see them or certain parts of the map that advance the story. Then if you win you get "Campaign Against the Reiklanders 2" with a description of how you disrupted their actions in the first mission. But then when you get to "Campaign Against the Reiklanders 3" It's a special new map that represents the base camp for the Reiklanders, and the AI warband is now led by their Agent.

Ideally these missions would be replayable for fun, but maybe have diminishing rewards for repeating them if the warbands had a fixed rating, but the unlocked map could also be used in pvp if the pvp host had it purchased and unlocked.

In my head this would be a great way to explore the Lore of mordheim, and for you guys to make money. Especially because by unlocking the missions to play against the warband, rather than as the warband, it means that everyone can play whatever warband they like and still have access to all the little stories, allowing them to be sold separately from the warband they are about. It would also be a great way to introduce new custom maps like a sewer map for the skaven, the temple of sigmar for the sisters, and the pit for the possessed, and get people to pay for them.

Not to mention, how awesome would it be to fight against that vampire agent that sean made? she's awesome!

EDIT: Maybe the first one should be free so people know what they are buying into, and not against the reiklanders, since they are also the free warband.
  2. Trapsinger Brigadier

Message Count:
    In other news I would almost certainly pay a fate to use the Agents as a Dramatis Personae.
  3. Jesse Shaffer Major

Message Count:
    I second this. Each faction should have its own story based DLC. I would LOVE unique faction specific maps. I also agree that the first probably shouldn’t be Reikland. Lastly, the DLC wouldn’t need to be free if it was explained well. Perhaps an in-game ad?
  4. Double Misfire Major

Message Count:
    This is a great idea. I've wanted to see special maps and assets for "story missions" featuring things like the stagecoach and Thing in the Woods from Empire in Flames.

How about mixing it up with the enemy warband compositions in narrative missions too? (it would be a lot easier than creating new creatures specifically to fight, while allowing the story missions to feel unique) You could fight a triad of three vampires, a very rich Marienburg merchant leading an entire warband of ogre bodyguards, a "regiment" of 20 odd weaker Reiklanders in matching uniforms. The possibilities would be awesome.

I always imagined Dramatis Personae/the faction agents would appear in game as an underdog leveler in multiplayer games between warbands with vastly uneven ratings.
  5. Fistandantilus Corporal

Message Count:
    Yeah i buy into this, id like a story to be more than 3 parts imo, love idea of new added maps, maybe the warband can get award a title for completion? And maybe its scales, or has increaseing diffcultly levels to go through so you can do it 3 times and its harder and more rewarding, with a most grim rewarded Title ;)