[Suggestion] Splash Damage?

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by I_Like_Cake, Jan 20, 2014.

1. I_Like_Cake Corporal

Message Count:
    I was wondering if anyone had come across a unit that does splash damage. I've talked to some friends who are further into the game than me and so far they haven't come across it ether. I think it would add another level of strategy if your had to be careful when grouping units together.

I was also thinking about giving different units special attacks such as the tank or helicopter having attack that would level terrain but do low damage to the enemy units hiding their.
    Daniel.e28 likes this.
  2. Daniel.e28 Private

Message Count:
    I agree it would be a good idea. It would definitely make the game more interesting. I have nearly all troops and I haven't come across anything that can do splash damage.

I think it might also be a good idea to have some sort of splash damage when some troops explode. For example when a helicopter crashes next to some infantry, you would expect some sort of damage.
  3. Gareth Corporal

Message Count:
    Nothing can do AoE damage in the game (I have unlocked all units). Would be interesting to have an upgrade for the Rockets which would allow cluster bombing. However this would of course have to deal low damage and just be a good way to disperse units from a single area.
  4. Gavin Rummery
    Administrator

Message Count:
    This was in the original design for artillery, but has never been implemented. It does sound cool though, and I like the idea of exploding units damaging things around them.
    Jemma likes this.
  5. Josh James

Message Count:
    think this would be an upgrade you can put on rockets/artillery, but a very expensive one. I can see this massively boosting the side which would have this if it was an unlock.