Suggestion: Trollslayer rope and hook and magic resistance

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Double Misfire, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Double Misfire Major

Message Count:
    I've been really enjoying getting back into the game of late, and have been having a lot of fun getting to grips with the new dwarf trollslayer hired sword. Couple of quick suggestions:

-The trollslayer is pretty immobile. Movement 3 is a dwarf staple, and I'd never ask for that to be changed, but allowing him access to the rope and hook like most other (non ogre) warriors would help a little in helping him keep up with the rest the warband. It's not particularly outrageous to imagine a dwarf using a grappling hook in the same way it would be an ogre, there's no particular canon reason dwarfs wouldn't use grapling hooks (I can name at least one dwarf miniature throwing one), and the trollslayer's below average movement and initiative already differentiate him from human warriors.

-My second suggestion's more of a thematic/characterful one, but dwarfs are renown for being innately resistant to magic, and shrugging off hostile spells (far more so than halflings). I don't think the trollslayer should have the halfling hired sword's magic immunity, but what about giving him the option to take a 50% magic resistance skill?
    Perl Fisher likes this.
  2. Oscar Junior Programmer

Message Count:
    I believe that the dwarf should have access to rope and hook so that sounds like a bug to me (I'll take a look). As for a magic resistance skill, I'll mention that as an idea to the team
    Double Misfire likes this.
  3. Double Misfire Major

Message Count:

Awesome, thank you. I don't think the warlock's able to use a rope and hook either, though I'm not sure if that's an oversight or entirely intentional on account of nobody wanting to see up his robes...

The magic resistance suggestion is mostly a flavour one and unrelated to balance, as the trollslayer's got a load of fairly essential stat boosts to and unique combat skills to unlock before I'd ever consider spending a point on it. :rolleyes:

Also worth asking about/suggesting hammers/maces being usable by slayers. Several of GW's older slayer models are armed with them, and they're prominently wielded by slayers in the Warhammer background, most notably Snorri Nosebiter.
  4. Double Misfire Major

Message Count:
    Another day another trivial trollslayer gripe! :rolleyes:

Purely flavour and not gameplay related, but elven cloaks, should slayers be able to wear them? If I know dwarfs you wouldn't be able to pay a slayer double to cover up, least of all with something spun by an elf!
    Perl Fisher likes this.
  5. Oscar Junior Programmer

Message Count:
    That doesn't sound right, I'll take a look. The trollslayer should get access to rope and hook in the next update :)
    Double Misfire likes this.