[Suggestion] Unlimited Energy?

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by I_Like_Cake, Jan 13, 2014.

1. I_Like_Cake Corporal

Message Count:
    This may be more trouble than its worth but it would be nice if during beta testing we could have limitless energy. It makes repeating bugs and experimenting with different features very time consuming due to having to wait for energy to regenerate.
  2. May May Private

Message Count:
    I think this would be a good idea
  3. Gareth Corporal

Message Count:
    I thought this at the start, but then I remembered we are not just looking for bugs but also testing the balance of the gameplay.
  4. Josh James

Message Count:
    Hmm not sure, the power is one of the main aspects of the games and could be directly linked to bugs in game
  5. I_Like_Cake Corporal

Message Count:
    With regards to Gareth's point if we are testing balance then i think the rate that energy is regenerated should be increased a little unless its part of Legendary's business strategy. If they have chosen 1 energy every 5min to encourage people to buy energy then that's fine as its perfectly possible to play with out buying energy if you want. On the other hand if it has more to do with pacing the player or balancing the game then i think the wait should be shortened. Maybe I'm just impatient but i feel like the 5min wait will turn people away.
  6. Gareth Corporal

Message Count:
    I am pretty happy with the energy gain rate as a whole. At first I felt it was a little slow, but I usually spend so long harvesting areas that it is recharged a decent proportion before I am ready to go back into battle - if it isn't I take a break and play a different game or maybe see if a friend needs assisting in battle and see what I can do.
  7. Josh James

Message Count:
    Idea: There could be like, a membership thing (like on Runescape), which you pay monthly for exclusive offers, one of which could be faster rate of power regeneration, and like a bigger map, more units etc. Could see something like that be bigger than buying power units and monetising the game.
  8. Jemma Corporal

Message Count:
    Hiya! I was asked this question yesterday by Maddie and Jonathan and I think for now Ewan and Gavin want to leave the power how it is to test how the game balance would be for live users.

Ewan did mention that at some stage he would like to replicate paying users for the most active testers, so you'll get much more energy and power for free to speed up testing. I'll keep you updated on how and when this might happen.

Hope this is helpful!
    Zero_Harker likes this.
  9. Zero_Harker Private

Message Count:
    Ouuhhh I hope I get hold of some higher energy regen :3 will have to keep up my playing habits huh ;)
    Jemma likes this.