Super Soldier

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Dragonfly, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Dragonfly Private

Message Count:
    I’m not sure if this should go in Bugs or Open Discussion so please adjust this if I’ve placed this wrong.

So the other day (a week or more ago) I jump into a game with my warband and ran into an untouchable melee god. I unfortunately don’t remember the warband name but remember it started with an “M”. Before any warband starts moving I see an enemy trooper in the 2nd floor of a building right next to my start position. I would guess he is using some sort of infiltration skill except I don’t see that as a skill option in this game. First odd thing.

I move my troops forward in a clustered defensive formation in preparation for his attack and of course the rest of his warband. This Enemy charges in and one-shots one of my guys for 10 damage, injuring him. He seems to be armed with a simple 1-handed sword and shield combo. I then swarm Him with 3 guys: my leader with a Sword and Pistol, a Freelancer with Greatsword, and another warrior with Sword and Shield. All attacks have a 0% chance to hit except the pistol which has a 3% chance. I have never before or since had such a low chance/impossible chance to hit anyone so second odd thing. Luckily being swarmed makes this guy run away. However when he runs he runs well out of sight which also seems odd.

I continue to move in preparation for the rest of the enemy warband, edging into cover and fearing when this guy returns. Indeed this Super Warrior charges back in and one-shots one of my marksmen for 40 damage!!! I swarm him again and again cannot touch him, 0% chance to hit. He runs off again but this time the game shows me his tracks, leading back to the far opposite corner of the map!

I start running my guys up into the second floor of a building hoping to minimize the damage that will happen if I am facing a warband of Super Soldiers like this guy. At this point I finally see someone from the opposing warband and get a shot off for 1 damage, but that doesn’t matter. Yet again the Super Soldier charges in, from across the map, up into the 2nd floor of this building and one-shots this marksman for 20 damage! I am down to 3 guys at this point and swarm him again, hoping he will run away again and maybe I can get in a voluntary rout. However, this time the Super Trooper doesn’t run he instead one-shots each guy and the game is over.

My entire warband is wrecked by 1 warrior, who cannot be touched, runs like the Flash, and hits like the hulk. I end up with 1 marksman with a -1 movement, 2 warriors with frenzy, 1 Marksman unscathed, the Freelancer unscathed and my Leader Dead!

There was nothing I could do about it and no option to leave the game. This also was not a brand new warband as I had over 150 in the medals category (sorry, don't know what this is actually called) at that time.

Has anyone else run into this mysterious Mordheim Super Soldier, God of War? Or is this an unfortunate glitch?
  2. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    I've never heard of that at all, and I seriously hope that is a bug!
  3. Adam Smith Lead Programmer

Message Count:
    Can you tell me your warband name?
  4. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    The Three Tenors

I've hit for 12 before, but never 40!
  5. Adam Smith Lead Programmer

Message Count:
    Sorry, I meant Dragonfly :)

If I have a warband name I can find Dragonfly on our servers and see recent matches, need to track down this "Super Soldier".

It could be that the warband is a valid build (need to rule that out though) and his warband rating for one guy alone is so high that it matches up against warbands that have progressed less.
  6. Dragonfly Private

Message Count:
    Well as of last night it was the BloodRavens but I logged in last night and it told me the data was corrupted and my warband deleted! They were over 400 too...

This incident happened with BloodRavens. My New Warband is the Lightning Knights. Thanks for looking!
  7. Adam Smith Lead Programmer

Message Count:

That's enough for me to find you on the server. Sorry you experienced a data corruption issue, I'm currently working on a cloud save like system that will allow you to retrieve old warbands, hopefully getting around any corruption issues.
    Dragonfly likes this.
  8. Adam Smith Lead Programmer

Message Count:
    Was it a warband called Mayalan?
    Dragonfly likes this.
  9. Dragonfly Private

Message Count:
    Yes that was them! Very unique name. Did you get to see a replay or something?
  10. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    I want to see the replay if there is one!
    Dragonfly likes this.
  11. Adam Smith Lead Programmer

Message Count:
    There isn't a replay, but we do have a list of all matches played and against who. It seems that something fishy has gone on with their guys, either they've got around our data protection scheme, or exploited a bug that we're not aware of.

Whatever it is, it has resulted in some of the warband members having stats in the region of 200...
  12. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    Damn...

I thought hitting 72 STR was doing well!

I hope you can get that solved.
  13. Dragonfly Private

Message Count:
    Holy Wow! That's insane! Well I'm glad I shared that then... Good Hunting
  14. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

*Chanting* "Ban hammer, ban hammer, ban hammer!"
    OverWatch likes this.
  15. Alpha Omega Private

Message Count:
    I versed a single solider, who took out 6 of my 7 guys and I hit him for a total of 8 damage total for no decrease in his hp, my warband was named something something darkside (deleted now since I had 1 dead 2 archers frenzied and 3 robbed) and my oppent was simple called mercenaries. He seemed to be in full plate with a skull shield and a sword and was doing 3 to 4 damage each attack and attacked 4 times but always hit first (neat skill that I hope to use some time myself).

I don't know if it's just a normal model someone has just put alot of effort into or one of those super soliders I've heard about, I just wanted to check...

fyi I just remembered the mission header said that I would be versing middenheimer's
  16. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    4 attacks is simple enough to do with skills, but maximum HP is 17 I think, so 8 damage should have taken down almost half of his health!
  17. Adam Smith Lead Programmer

Message Count:
    I've checked out the enemy warband in question, can't see anything unusual.
    morjax likes this.
  18. Alpha Omega Private

Message Count:
    I just wanted to check since I'd never versed such a single model who could do that...still seems a bit much.