Support - Critical Hit explained

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Cyberaddict, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Can a developer please explain to me if a unit has two Critical Hit value, one for melee and another one for range?

One of my Skaven has Critical Hit at 55% on its Character Sheet : Base 15% + Throwing Stars 35% + Straight Sword 5%. Is this value at 55% used both in melee and range? Or is it 50% at range and 20% in melee?

If I take skill Strike to Injure, will I get +10% in melee only? Or is this 10% added to the whole Critical Hit score, and thus to all kind of attacks?

What if I train in The Art of Silent Death? The skill says the Hero receives a +15% bonus to Critical Hits, but doesn’t specify if this bonus applies to unarmed attacks only, melee only, or all attacks including range attacks.

Following this line of thought, what if I equip a Cleaver (+25% Critical Hit with Mastery)? Will I get 100% Critical Hit on all attacks (range and melee)?
    15% base
    +35% Throwing Stars
    +25% Cleaver
    +10% Strike to Injure
    +15% The Art of Silent Death

If that is correct, will I do double damage on all attacks? Or is there a cap of 90% on this kind of roll?

Finally, if the bonuses to Critical Hit curently apply to all attacks, is this a bug, or part of the normal mechanics?
    studer1972 likes this.
  2. Oscar Junior Programmer

Message Count:
    A warrior's Critical Hit value does differ at melee and at range, the Strike to Injure skill increases Critical Hit for all attacks and Silent Death only effects Critical Hit if you are unarmed or have Skaven Fighting Claws equipped. There is a a cap of 90% on Critical Hit chances. Hope that helps :)
    studer1972 likes this.
  3. Bars Private

Message Count:
    Does this mean Strike to Injure can increase crit chance with spells? Are there other ways to boost spell cirt?
    studer1972 likes this.
  4. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    It would help if the Critical Hit stat would be split into two different values for melee and range. As it is, because everything is added in a single number, it can only raise questions or lead to bad decisions in character development.

Also, The Art of Silent Death’s description should be updated to specify what kind of attacks get the Critical Hit bonus. And I understand it is limited to Unarmed and Claws, but wouldn’t it make sense to extend it to Thrown Weapons that can be used from the shadows? These are very Silent...

Finally, please specify in Strike to Injure’s description that the bonus is valid to all melee and range attacks. Because it’s a Combat Skill, players will naturally assume this is only valid for melee attacks. I did, and I was wrong.
    studer1972 likes this.
  5. Oscar Junior Programmer

Message Count:
    Spells cannot Crit unless they simply buff the caster and still use the normal ranged / melee attacks (Sword of Rezhebel, Silver Arrows of Arha, Black Fury etc.)
    studer1972 likes this.
  6. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Do these spells overwrite the currently held weapons, or enhance them?
    studer1972 likes this.
  7. Oscar Junior Programmer

Message Count:
    Sword of Rezhebel, Silver Arrows of Arha and Hammer of Sigmar currently overwrite the held weapon, but I don't think that Black Fury does
    studer1972 likes this.
  8. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    What about Armour of Righteousness? It also seems to overwrite the equipped item... But if the equipped armour grants a Leadership bonus, is it lost for the purpose of maintaining the spell?

Edit: I’ll update the Wiki with these informations as soon as I can.
    studer1972 likes this.
  9. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Prayers of Sigmar // Description : Unlocks Prayers of Sigmar. // Dependencies : Leadership 65.

See the confusion? Here the word "unlocks" actually mean that Aura of Faith 1 is learned for free, and that all other Prayers of Sigmar are now accessible (unlocked). "Unlock" here doesn't have the same meaning than in Templar's description. Proper phrasing should be similar to Arcane Lore and Magic of the Horned Rate : "Allows a warrior to learn Prayers of Sigmar spells, and grants Aura of Faith 1 for free".

The same way, Templar should be : "Allows a warrior to learn the Pistolier skill and the exclusive Crossbow Pistolier skill, and grants the Magic Hatred and Animal Handling skills for free."

Edit : BTW, what's the deal with the Dependencies of Prayers of Sigmar? The only hero that can get that skill is the Warrior-Priest Hired Sword, and he starts with that skill... Or is it that other units can eventually learn that skill, like the Sisters of Sigmar?
    studer1972 and CzaRus like this.
  10. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Are these statements still true today, or updates since then changed the mechanics of Critical Hits?

Ex. : Elf Ranger with Battle Axe and Weapon Mastery (+25% Crits). Will he get 40% Crits on melee only, and 15% with his Elf Bow at range?
    studer1972 likes this.
  11. Shangular Brigadier

Message Count:
    I recall seeing a recent response by Prabdeep that Strike to Injure only applied to melee attacks.
    CzaRus likes this.
  12. Erkebrand Major

Message Count:
    Nice to know this again, Prabdeep said the same not much time ago as shangular says, but if melee and ranged critical chance are shown apart we won't have this kind of confusions
  13. Prabdeep Bazaz Social Media Manager

Message Count:
    Nothing has been changed with Critical Hits but as above, Strike to injure only applies to melee attacks
    studer1972, Cyberaddict and CzaRus like this.
  14. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Thanks. I've edited the wiki.