Tactics and Chromebook

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Dorsai, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Dorsai Corporal

Message Count:
    Hi again :)

I start this "separate" topic because I think it is worth a separate discussion...

You got the mainpoint in the topic i think... i play on a chromebook (and NO don't laugh... i adore informatic and am completely confortable in Linux and Windows environnement... But Chromebooks if u have a small business are just a pleasure to maintain ;)

so anyway... the keypoint is... WHY do i play tactics ? Just because there are NO NICE STRATEGIC games on Chromebook... really. But there are Chromebook users...

I think you have a game with ALOT of potential... and exactly the kind of game persons like to play (a party is not long... if u want to stop after 20mn you can... completely)... I know it's a browser game so you can play it on ANY platform. But maybe it would be interesting to think on ways to promote the game on plateforms where there are NOT alot of alternatives... ;)

just a general "marketing" idea...
  2. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Hey Dorsai, Sorry I only just saw this post. Thanks though, we do plan on releasing to every market available. At the moment we're concentrating on a release for android, followed by iOS followed by steam. It takes time developing a package for each platform so we can't target towards all the platforms we would like at the moment, we're aiming for the big ones at the moment. We released on Amazon Kindle and FireTV where they have a total of around 8 (including ours) strategy games and we're ensured ours stands out from the crowd, as a result of this, we do have a sufficient amount of 'Fire' users playing, if you've noticed on the leader boards. Thanks for the tip though, we're glad to hear that its a success on Chromebook and it works well. What other platforms can you see it working on?

3. Dorsai Corporal

Message Count:
    Chromebook working nice
    tested on Linux Firefox and Chrome (working also)
    As i posted, strangely enough, NOT working on Chrome on my Samsung Tab Pro... but working on Firefox on same device.
    and working nice on LG G3 phone ;) (chrome also)

overall i would tell that it's a nice compatibility
  4. KillerK1ng Corporal

Message Count:
    do you mean the google chrome store? on your chromebook laptop? :p
  5. Dorsai Corporal

Message Count:
    lol i am lost ;)

working fully on chromebook
    working fully on linux chrome and linux firefox
    working fully (but small :p ) on chrome on my LG G3
    working fully on firefox on galaxy tab pro 10"
    not working at all on chrome on galaxy tab 10"

Well there are not so many strategy game on chromebooks, so in my opinion it is always easier to "impose" a product somewhere where not so much concurrence is out ;)
  6. KillerK1ng Corporal

Message Count:
    okay i see i see, does the chrome book have some sort of built in game platform? Like a marketplace to browse all apps?
  7. Dorsai Corporal

Message Count:
    yes and no... actually, load chrome browser, go on the chrome market (extension)... it's just exactly the same.

(the main good point in chromebooks are their price and just amazing autonomy ;) (but if u want to play... well... choice is VERY limited ;)
  8. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    I've seen a few chromebooks in action they are pretty slick and nifty! Would love to have one for myself :) Glad to hear Tactics works nicely
  9. Dorsai Corporal

Message Count:
    they are nice if u understand what u buy ;) alot of persons criticise them because they just don't understand what it is... it is defenitively NOT a laptop computer, but more a "remote working station" (where u can do everything which is available over internet...)

But mu 14" computer has a 12hr autonomy... and i don't know so many laptops where u just don't take your charger at all in the morning because u know that it will last the full day for sure :)
  10. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Sounds like something I could use, I've fried my laptop battery I'm lucky if I can get 30 mins out of it!