Tactics for Tactics?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Overwatch, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Hi everyone, its time. You've all been playing Y0T for a while now and I think its time to talk tactics, about tactics (pardon the pun).
    Whats the best way to approach a base? what types of troops should I build, is a helicopter really worth 40000 precious resources? Who knows? No one has one yet!

How do you invade a base, do you follow the roman legion tortoise formation and huddle your troops together? or do you stealthily move scavengers around the base hiding in desolated trees?

Lets get some views on the best ways to approach a raid.

I'll even share some inside developer tactics as well if I'm impressed!

Charlie

readyforbattle.PNG
  2. Elvelyn Major

Message Count:
    For my first move when leaving the deployment zone I like to send half my troops directly towards the harvester and half of them on another route in case the harvester changes course, this allows me to eliminate the harvester as quick;y as possible, also leaving me with men if I get ambushed by powerful enemy troops.
  3. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    A very planned out strategy! does it always work successfully? what about vehicles where is your likely to send them. I always find myself clueless as to where to send them.
  4. Elvelyn Major

Message Count:
    I regret to say no, it does not always work successfully. I have won nearly all my games except the last 3 because I keep getting matched up to the same person every time who is a constant challenge to my army and I cannot beat him as his troops are very strong (an APC should sort him out!) But as it stands I do not have any vehicles because I cannot afford an APC and I have been recommended not to purchase the truck as it is weak. I will continue to save up for an APC though.